Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was listening to it as well. What. A. Bellend! The only good thing was it cost him about £30 on a premium rate line to say it.

Durham however, still for some utterly inexplicable reason, thinks we are underachieving!!!! Just dropped it into the middle of a sentence, where the fuck does he get that from?

He thinks everybody bar the team that wins the league is underachieving.

The truth is that we're overachieving. We're 6th in terms of wages (much closer to Everton and West Ham than the likes of Chelsea, United and City), don't spend a penny on players (come on, Levy) and yet we're still as good and better than most of our top-6 rivals.

I agree wholeheartedly with Sammy. Some of our fans love to say sarcastically after a poor result "well just because we were shit in the 90's, we're not allowed to have expectations?". Sure, but it's not the 90's we're comparing us to. It's the mess under Sherwood and AVB, and even Harry at times.

We've come so, so far in the last 3 seasons and the trajectory is upwards still.

Question...

Would you trade our FA Cup Semi Final spot to have Kane fit for the rest of the season?

Of course not, he is just a 1 2 3 season wonder who only ever score tap ins or penalties.......

in all seriousness though I'm with Joe Clash Joe Clash on this one, obviously I would rather have Kane in the team but I think we will still be ok without him, plus beat the chavs and we are 1 game away from lifting a trophy! :kanegoal:

Let's hope it's more Vertonghen than Alderweireld and he's back earlier than expected!

4 weeks see's him back for Bournemouth (though probably on the bench and rested for the semi final)

5 weeks will see him back for the semi final - considering how he was rushed back for the North London Derby earlier in the season, wouldn't surprise me to see him start.

6 weeks should see him back for the last ever North London Derby at White Hart Lane.

Just heard the most ridiculous caller on TalkSport. He said Kane's and Allis goals are wasted as they play for Tottenham and under Poch. He apparently isn't capable of winning anything and we shouldn't be anywhere near the top 4.

Of course, he was a Liverpool fan.

Goughy and Adrian had our backs to be fair, praised Poch and the way we play. Shot the guy down by saying Martinez won a trophy, where's he now?
Clea
You know you don't get a trophy for winning a semi final, right?
:pochserious2:
The charity shield if we play city in the final and they win and alsowin the league and then we draw with city in the charity shield????

Yes i know its a shield not a trophy....

Clea

The charity shield if we play city in the final and they win and alsowin the league and then we draw with city in the charity shield????

You don't get a trophy for simply playing in the Shield either.

We're 1 game from a final, or 2 from lifting a trophy (3, if you count the 'Community' Shield)

I'll come back to Citeh at home, with their 100% record and all the pundits' darlings to do the quadruple and go the season unbeaten. No Kane, Son sort of up front and we win 2-0 and can't even be bothered to score from a penalty to keep it interesting and give them a chance. Very Corinthian.

TBF

We did have Coco but he did miss the pen

Didn't matter though

Wow... and to think some people got stick for starting a match thread for a forthcoming match BEFORE the next fixture had been played!

This must be a new record... discussing not only a match NEXT SEASON... but one we haven't even qualified to play in yet!!

BTW... what 'end' do you think we'll get for NEXT SEASON'S F.A Cup Final... seeing as we'd have been the 'home team' all season?!

Back
Top Bottom