Gutted

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saints fan in peace.
To those of you bitching and moaning about MP let me give you some context.

I am and have been a Saints fan for over 30 years. Season ticket holder since I was 7 (With the exception of two separate years - when kids and finances dictated) and have seen players and managers come and go, which is part of the game.

I've seen players like Channon, Ball, Shilton, Wright, Keegan, Williams, Wallace, Shearer, Hoddle (You lot again) Walcott, Bale, Chamberlain etc. etc. all leave.
Not one of those departures hurts as much as this one.
I genuinely think you now have one of the best managers in the league. He is completely different from anything else you have seen. Not all players will survive his arrival - Including big names, but for those of you that are moaning..... take yourselves back to the first half at White Hart Lane against the Saints...... We battered you, humiliated you and then gave away a bizarre goal and let you back in. Your squad won't let that happen - More maturity, depth and quality.

Enjoy the ride - And you will get one.

Saints fan in peace.

I am and have been a Saints fan for over 30 years. Season ticket holder since I was 7 (With the exception of two separate years - when kids and finances dictated) and have seen players and managers come and go, which is part of the game.

I've seen players like Channon, Ball, Shilton, Wright, Keegan, Williams, Wallace, Shearer, Hoddle (You lot again) Walcott, Bale, Chamberlain etc. etc. all leave.
I genuinely think you now have one of the best managers in the league. He is completely different from anything else you have seen. Not all players will survive his arrival - Including big names, but for those of you that are moaning..... take yourselves back to the first half at White Hart Lane against the Saints...... We battered you, humiliated you and then gave away a bizarre goal and let you back in. Your squad won't let that happen - More maturity, depth and quality.

Mentioned it in another thread recently in which someone cited some posts from a Saints board, and I had to say that I can't help but you feel for you guys. That is a brutal wall to hit after coming this remarkably far on the back of your own developed players. Wish you guys all the best in your recovery (except against us of course), and I want you to know and hopefully share with your fellow fans that there are more of us that sympathize with you guys than you probably suspect.

Saints fan in peace.

Out of interest, who would you like to see come in and take over?

Sotonian Nice one mate. I've heard a lot of good things about the man, and really liked how well he worked with Cortese at Southampton to move the club forward with ruthless ambition.

All the best in the future. You lot played some great football last season, and hopefully (with the players at his disposal) at Spurs Pochettino can bring some of that and put us on the edge of our seat, with some defensive structure.

Saints fan in peace.

Really man, we feel sorry for you. It sucks and we've been in your position too many times. I hope you keep hold of your better players though and keep building on what you have. If you manage to keep it together over the next couple of seasons you'll have a great chance at taking the step up as well.

PS - Don't look at the thread started by I8AVB I8AVB , it's embarrassing to us and will no doubt upset you that your manager is going to a club with some real morons looking forward to booing him.

Back
Top Bottom