Griffiths has gone...it seems

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems like we are seeing 'Snowflake Footballers' now.......loyalty and work ethic are long gone

Harry Kane looks like he's from another era altogether already

The young boys are probably looking at the likes of Jayden Sancho at Dortmund and thinking fuckit why not go to Germany where I will get a much better chance of game time to develop as a footballer.

Its a real shame though because he looked very promising.

Yes, he and Keanen Bennets, Mandela Egbo, Kaylen Hinds and so on.

I do agree with the comments about hard work, commitment and so on, but when you have Llorente and Jansen firing blanks all the time, but you still dont get the chance, it must be very tempting to go where your chances of getting into the team appear to be much greater.

As others have mentioned, no one outside the coaching staff really knows what goes on. But it is known that Poch will not stand for bad attitude, especially from some slip of a kid, who thinks he's God's gift to our club. It may come back to bite us, but that's life, and I'm sure we will survive. Any young player should look at Harry’s playing career to date, it should be held as a case study on how to get on, in any field. Sheer hard work, making the most of the talent you have been blessed with and patience.

Agree wholeheartedly - esp on Kane. However this is surely an argument for early integration with the 1st team: not necessarily getting minutes but learning off those, only a few years older often, who have made the breakthrough

Agree wholeheartedly - esp on Kane. However this is surely an argument for early integration with the 1st team: not necessarily getting minutes but learning off those, only a few years older often, who have made the breakthrough

Regardless, still gotta earn that step up with hard-work and show the requisite amount of ability.

Besides, as stands, I'm sure Poch promotes these chaps as and when he feels they're ready for the scenario you describe anyway.

Harry (x2), Dele, Bentaleb, KWP, Onomah all show the pathway is there if you can bring the above qualities to the table. Any young lad with their head screwed on should see this... If they can't, then that speaks volumes.

The young boys are probably looking at the likes of Jayden Sancho at Dortmund and thinking fuckit why not go to Germany where I will get a much better chance of game time to develop as a footballer.

Its a real shame though because he looked very promising.

Blanchflower Blanchflower - Sancho turned down quite a lot more money at City when he left for Dortmund. That move was all about him wanting to change his development path.

"Airfixx, post:Regardless, still gotta earn that step up with hard-work and show the requisite amount of ability.

Besides, as stands, I'm sure Poch promotes these chaps as and when he feels they're ready for the scenario you describe anyway.

Harry (x2), Dele, Bentaleb, KWP, Onomah all show the pathway is there if you can bring the above qualities to the table. Any young lad with their head screwed on should see this... If they can't, then that speaks volumes.

Yes, but there is another side to this, which is the domestic cup competitions.
Why not give a number of younger players the chance in at least these ?

If they do not do well then poch has a perfect argument to say that they are not yet ready...hasnt he ?

You have to offer these players something, how on earth can you be absolutely sure they are not ready if you dont give them a chance to prove themselves...one way or another ?

Marcus Edwards next ?

Could Bayer Leverkusen get revenge on Tottenham for Heung-min Son with Marcus Edwards deal?

"It seems Marcus Edwards has a suitor for his talents this summer as he prepares for an exit from Tottenham Hotspur. As reported by The Sun it appears the Bundesliga side are ready to snap up the player and give him regular first-team football.

Once compared to Lionel Messi by Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino the 19-year-old has had a tough two years since. A loan spell at Norwich City turned into a nightmare last season and Edwards is now keen on an exit.

Despite his flagging development, there is no doubt the winger possesses bags of talent. So could this be revenge for Leverkusen over a 2015 transfer that left them furious?"

Marcus Edwards next ?

Could Bayer Leverkusen get revenge on Tottenham for Heung-min Son with Marcus Edwards deal?

"It seems Marcus Edwards has a suitor for his talents this summer as he prepares for an exit from Tottenham Hotspur. As reported by The Sun it appears the Bundesliga side are ready to snap up the player and give him regular first-team football.

Once compared to Lionel Messi by Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino the 19-year-old has had a tough two years since. A loan spell at Norwich City turned into a nightmare last season and Edwards is now keen on an exit.

Despite his flagging development, there is no doubt the winger possesses bags of talent. So could this be revenge for Leverkusen over a 2015 transfer that left them furious?"

Get revenge? What a load of shite

Yes , I am regretting putting it up though.

Does your friend play chess ?

I do.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom