Greatest Goal Seen at the Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Greaves vs Man U in 65. Someone else has alluded to it.
Started from the back with a stylish passing combination, onto Mackay, who provides a superb pass through the midfield, then individual brilliance from Greavsie in his prime.
I can't find a solo edit but it's on this video around 46 seconds in.
Rightly, the crowd go fucking mental.

Last edited:
Poor quality but its round about the 1 hour 59 minute mark.

Yeah, that's the one. Watched that one go in from the West stand almost parallel to when he jumped up. Having been only going for two seasons by then it was the first live goal I think I'd seen that really had me thinking "how'd he do that"?

Last edited:
Rose against the scum wins it for me. Gomes was an unsung hero for that goal, the man ran to the halfway line from his goal to instruct Danny to move back and position himself better before the corner was taken. I remember because I was shit scared that he wasn't gonna make it back to the goal quick enough in the event of a scum counter from the corner but I can't complain on how it turned out in the end.

I too witnessed the Hoddle goal against Bolton in '78.
We in the Shelf were going ballistic. Through to the 4th round at last we thought, after the previous four early knock-outs. But no - Whatmore chips in.
Another great goal never to be seen again was at Forest in 1980. We played them off the park and beat the then European champions 3-0. Our third that day was a brilliant passing move, lost count of how many....culminating in Archie tapping home.
Peter Taylor's run from the halfway line was pretty special too - Oct '78 at the Hawthorns. Very similar to the one he scored at Millwall the previous season.

Best I've seen live was kanoutes volley against Everton in 2003 I think it was out of no where that or hoddle v forest

I was right behind Liam Brady's swervy goal against us in that 5-0 defeat. You had to admire it.
My old man used to talk reverently about Jimmy Greaves's goal against Leicester. He went around five players I think. He never missed a home game in 30 years.

it has to be the Stephen Carr against United, i remember that i was in the east stand and i was sitting roght down the front to the right of the half way line.

when Carr hit that shot i knew it was in straight away, and did that stand up slowly with excitement that this could hit the back of the..... and then it did and you hear that roar.......

i was excited before the game, Mancheter United who had won 3 tropbies (incredible really looking back), and they had great players like, Giggs, Beckham, Scholes and Keane and i could wait to see my very first Spurs V United at WHL. The year before i had just left school and got my first job.

Witj a dad that hated football and my stepdad who is a Chavski fan, ( shakes his head but he is a typical racist Chavski fan..... anyway my Spurs mates where always broke, so i just went on my own that season and fell in love the old girl.

i will never forgot that walk upto the stadium, through the concourse to find your seat and then you walk up and see the pitch and the stadium. l would be amazed for about 5 seconds pintching myself that im actually at WHL.

will be missed but cant wait for the new stadium... its gonna be amazing and i cant wait to see what memories she will bring (finders crossed trophies)

Slightly off key....anyone remember Chivers trying to score from the halfway line, right at the start of the second half at home to Newcastle in April '76?
It was his final game for us.

Poyet's goal against Derby stands out for me, got on the end of a defensive error and first timed it over the keeper.

Back
Top Bottom