Good Books About Spurs? Also Spurs Books for Kids?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi All,
I'm somewhat new to Spurs and live in the States. My 6 year old daughter is a HUGE Spurs / Yiddette.

Does anyone have suggestions on good Spurs books (club history, player biographies etc) for adults....Also, any tips on cool kids books about Spurs? Alot of the American sports teams do illustrated kids books. I would love to find her a Spurs book like that.

Appreciate the help / tips!

Your daughter may enjoy some parts of the official match programmes, they are great to flick through and look at the pictures of the players and fans, but can be quite wordy in parts.

The Tottenham annuals can be good for children as well, as is the magizine Match (although it covers most English football not just Tottenham) the magazine is written for 10-12 year olds but I think she would still enjoy it.

For yourself I would pick up The Pocket Book Of Spurs - http://dft.ba/-Pocketbook, Spurs Miscellany (stated above) is also good - http://dft.ba/-Miscellany

Hope that was of some help!

My favourite book was a book called "We Are Tottenham: Voices of White Hart Lane".

My dad bought it for me when I was in school but it seriously isn't a book for kids. It mentions the fans' side of things back in the early 2000s, a range of opinions from all areas of society - some with colourful language and disturbing scenes.

Abaout ten years ago there was a great book on the market about North London derbies. I was gutted I never bought it when I saw it. Does anybody know if an updated version was ever released?

JOVj1.jpeg

:baletroll:

Players' autobiographies are also a good read, especially those who spent a decent amount of time at the club. Recommend Bill Nicholson's, Stevie's of course, Ginola, Gary Mabbutt, Martin Chivers and Glen Hoddle. Ricky Villa's is the latest I bought - but it is nearly all about THAT goal.

The Boys of White Hart Lane by Martin Cloake and Adam Powley is a fantastic account of the Burkinshaw era Spurs squads.

Glory glory nights about our European history is also excellent.

Back
Top Bottom