Goalkeepers for next season poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you like to see done with our goalkeepers for next season?

• FRIEDEL: 1st choice next season

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • FRIEDEL: 2nd choice next season

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • FRIEDEL: 3rd choice next season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FRIEDEL: Sell/release on free

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • CUDICINI: Extend contract and 1st choice next season

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • CUDICINI: Extend contract and 2nd choice next season

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • CUDICINI: Extended contract and 3rd choice next season

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • CUDICINI: Allow contract to expire and release

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • GOMES: Take option on contract and 1st choice next season

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • GOMES: Take option on contract and 2nd choice next season

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • GOMES: Take option on contract and 3rd choice next season

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • GOMES: Don't take option on contract and release

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • GOMES: Take option on contract and sell

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • ALNWICK: 1st choice next season

• ALNWICK: 2nd choice next season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALNWICK: 3rd choice next season

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • ALNWICK: Keep/Loan out

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • ALNWICK: Sell/release on a free

Votes: 52 50.0%
  • BUTTON: 1st choice next season

• BUTTON: 2nd choice next season

• BUTTON: 3rd choice next season

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • BUTTON: Keep/Loan out

Votes: 49 47.1%
  • BUTTON: Sell

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Buy New First Choice Keeper

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Buy New Backup Keeper(s)

Votes: 33 31.7%

• Total voters
As of 03.05.2012 - 7am BST

neSbQ.jpg

Around 50% of voters would be happy to see Friedel continue between the sticks whereas the other 50% would like to see a new first choice keeper.

What most people agree on is that Friedel and Button should stick around with Gomes and Alnwick being sold on or released.

These options seem to cover most voters:

Friedel, Cudicini, Button
Friedel, Cudicini, New backup
Friedel, New backup, Cudicini
Friedel, New backup, Button
New 1st choice, Friedel, Cudicini
New 1st choice, Friedel, Button
New 1st choice, Friedel, New backup

KEEP FREIDEL until he retires basically...

I assume ONE of Cudicini or Gomes will go...

We could do a lot worse than ask Robbo if he fancies coming back to keep goal in the Cups!!!

...at least we could dust down the ROBBO/PARK LANE banner and sing Happy Birthday to him again... (and he's got previous in the Europa league too... remember the sing-song in Prague??

1882 said:
KEEP FREIDEL until he retires basically...

I assume ONE of Cudicini or Gomes will go...

We could do a lot worse than ask Robbo if he fancies coming back to keep goal in the Cups!!!

...at least we could dust down the ROBBO/PARK LANE banner and sing Happy Birthday to him again... (and he's got previous in the Europa league too... remember the sing-song in Prague??
no, just no.

Ha Ha!!!

....we need all the old Spurs Cults to return and bring back a bit of perspective!!

Anyone got Steffan Freund, Jose Dominguez & Mitchell Thomas' number while we're at it??

I actually voted everyone as first choice keeper next season, and also to buy a new first choice keeper.

:baletroll:

That you, 'arry?

Seriously though, I love Big Bad Brad, but near the end of the season after witnessing the occasional lapse in concentration, I'm ready to consider a new #1 -- love to see Lloris, but I doubt that will happen. I keep on saying that we should take a look at Ignor Akinfeev from Moscow.

Friedel first choice for me, unless we can get Hugo Lloris. Otherwise no point replacing him while he's still playing well. Age is irrelevant. Not bothered about the back-ups as they will only play in the Europa League and League Cup, Friedel doesn't get injured! :brad:

The Nod of Approval said:
McGregor at Rangers isn't a bad option and considering thier financials is also realistic

Aye, but he's also a rapist.

I think Adler would be an absolutely brilliant signing. Available on a free and a decent keeper who's got at least 10 years in him. But if he's heading to Hamburg, then that's a shame. On the whole, when it comes to keepers we should look at the German league. Ter Stegen at Gladbach is pretty decent and he's only 19. There's a lot of goalkeeping talent in that league.

tehTrunk said:
MKYid said:
Craig Gordon on a free?

Not a bad keeper when fit.

Given that he was released for an uncontrollable cocaine addiction, I'd rather steer clear.
Really?! I had no idea, I thought it was just due to his injuries. Well fuck him off then.

tehTrunk said:
I'd take Rob Green on a free though...

I wouldn't mind Green as a number 2, though if we were to totally rebuild our goalkeeping options, I'd like Butland brought in too.

tehTrunk said:
MKYid said:
Craig Gordon on a free?

Not a bad keeper when fit.

Given that he was released for an uncontrollable cocaine addiction, I'd rather steer clear.

I'd take Rob Green on a free though...

Where abouts did you get that from. Never seen anything like that about him before.

I figured he has been released because he barely kept free of injury.

Rob Green can fuck right off, even as backup. I'd rather have Craig Gordon any day, I don't care if he injects heroin directly into his tear ducts

Back
Top Bottom