Goal of the Decade

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Goal of the Decade

• Lucas v Ajax 2019

• Son v Burnley 2019

• Rose v Woolwich 2010

• Crouch v City 2010

• Bale v Inter 2010

• Dele v Chelsea 2018

• Wanyama v Liverpool 2018

• Bale v Sunderland 2013

• Lamela v Tripolis 2014

• Kane v Woolwich 2016

• Bale v West Ham 2013

• Dele v Palace 2016

• Eriksen v Sheff Utd 2015

• Adebayor v Chelsea 2013

• Sandro v Man Utd 2013

• Jones v Man Utd 2018

Results are only viewable after voting.

John Thomas

Go-Kartz 🏎 Cinemas🎬 Property 🏠Hotels 🏤 Golf⛳
Last edited:
Dele’s at the Bridge for me following Diers long ball

Absolutely brilliant

Last edited:
Has anyone voted on the official site for goal of the decade?
Although not the best goal, individually or collectively, my vote went to Lucas v Ajax.
The magic of that moment will live with me forever.
Even now I'm watching clips of the goal and the fan reactions world wide.
That moment as magical as it was is now slightly tainted for me by how meekly we surrendered in the final

An incredible moment no doubt though

Lucas v Ajax was probably the most I’ve ever celebrated a goal. Yeah we lost the final, but finalist status in that competition is extremely rare and incredibly meaningful. The circumstances alone made it magical.

Kane’s late winner v Gooners, and Bale’s late winner v Spam are close contenders.

Dele’s at the Bridge for me following Toby’s long ball

Absolutely brilliant

I think it was Dier's pass.

Lucas is the clear winner, but for me Eriksen's goal at Wembley against Inter is right up there. The magical CL run would never have happened without that goal.

I think it was Dier's pass.

Lucas is the clear winner, but for me Eriksen's goal at Wembley against Inter is right up there. The magical CL run would never have happened without that goal.

Yes you are quite correct

Dier it was!

Was hard for me between Dele v Palace and Sonny v Burnley. Lucas's was the most important, but those 2 were spectacular. Ended up going Dele.

Has anyone voted on the official site for goal of the decade?
Although not the best goal, individually or collectively, my vote went to Lucas v Ajax.
The magic of that moment will live with me forever.
Even now I'm watching clips of the goal and the fan reactions world wide.

Must be this. Best moment of my 25 Spurs years. Incredible stuff.

For me my favourite goal requires context

I (Obviously) loved Seeing Kane’s and Dele’s goals against the red & blue scum. Brilliant & loved them. I was lucky enough to be in the crowd when Deli scores that cracker against Palace. Loved them all but they weren’t wholly unexpected.
For me they at least come second to Lucas’s Champions League semi final goal because of the unprecedented feeling it caused ie from feeling abject but familiar despair, to momentarily disbelief and then to unrivalled elation. Absolutely brilliant.
But for me, if I had to chose the goal of the decade it would be Danny Rose against Woolwich. You have to remember the respective positions between the clubs.
His go was so out of the ordinary, it was utterly unexpected. I think many posters forget how bad we used to perform against them. For at least a decade they had the better team, they had top 4 sown up, a better stadium , better squad & better prospects etc. al We all live near, are related to or work with Gooners and that really hurt.
Then on the 14th April 2010 we score an amazing goal that says FUCK YOU. In more measured language the commentator blurts out ‘ooohhh what a goal! It’s Danny Rose on his premier league debut with a memorable strike’
It was simply absolutely amazing. How can anyone, let alone a kid attempt to score a wonder goal like that?!?
At the beginning of the decade they were above us, but Rose’s amazing goal was a sign of things to come. That we would rightly reinstate dominance over them.
COYS

Putting the context of each of these goals aside and just focusing on technique Bales goal against the spammers was up there.

I think Deles goal against Palace should be an option too.

T-WJSs.gif

in terms of impact..nothing beats Moura's vs Ajax

in terms of skill/technique/audacity to even try it.. is a close call between Son vs Burnley'19 and Dele vs Crystal Palace

Not the best goal, not even close compared to some of the others, but for me it has to be Moura's.

The poll isn't about the most amazing goal, or the most technically difficult. It is "goal of the decade" so there is no other option for me.

Wow Bale's hat-trick against Inter was nearly 10 years ago. I still remember that dejected feeling at half-time - we were down to 10 men, 4 goals down - and the glory of our first Champions League qualification was beginning to wane.

It's amazing how football can evoke such specific memories - I can barely remember where I worked 10 years ago but I remember all the exact emotions I was feeling on that Wednesday evening.

I think Bale's goal wins it for me. It's almost nostalgic - our first Champions League. Also it was pretty impressive to do that against the current Champions League holders whilst being down to 10 men. The Lucas goal will still remain the best feeling.

Not even a debate, Lucas v Ajax, a second half performance capped by that goal in the dying seconds will stay with me forever.

And to think Poch dropped him for the final!

In the official vote I went for masked Kane's screamer vs. Woolwich, a truly beautiful goal, Kane and the crowd went mental, it was in the midst of Poch's peak period. Shame we didn't even win that game.

Lucas vs Ajax no doubt the greatest moment of the decade.

Last edited:
Everyone goes on about the 3rd Lucas goal because it was the winner.

But for me his second goal was truly brilliant. Skill, poise and an arrow into the only part of the goal he could have scored in.

Can we add that as an option.

In terms of skill I'm going for Dele v Palace but most memorable goal has to be Lucas 3rd in the CL semi. I remember everything that happened in the build up. Even the part where ajax defender slips prior to Dele passing that ball. If that turf had not been loose that defender would have got the ball.

Back
Top Bottom