Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get well soon Glenn

So weird that he turned 61 today and this happens.....we all know what both the number 61 and Glenn himself mean to us. Our greatest ever year and our greatest ever player. Strange syncronicity

Just landed back in Chicago and checked the scores and football page looked like fucking Eastenders! Madness

Get well soon Glenn, always thought he was immortal, scary stuff

COYS

As a player he was imperious...my mum went to Spurs once with my older brother when I was a nipper...she knew nothing about footy but she came back and said " there was a player there tonight and he was like a ballet dancer " and that's such a great description of him, probably the most graceful, talented and balletic footballer I've ever seen...watch the video above and his goals are just unbelievable, throw in shit pitches and players kicking lumps out of him and it makes it all the more significant. Get well soon Glenda, we were blessed to have you at Spurs...

I see Tom Mitch makes reference to the numerous funnymen on Twatter who think they're the first to crack the "Maybe it was someting he done (sic) in a former life?" gag.

Could I suggest if you meet one of these wags in the real world, you extend the karmic retribution theme by smacking them in the mouth
Some of them cunts know full well they weren't the first to come up with that...but the thing with cunts is that they don't give a fuck...

It seems he's been a very lucky boy...that it happened next to someone who knew what to do about it.

My neighbour's dad was in the same boat, he had a heart attack in church and a nurse in the congregation was able to keep him alive long enough for the ambulance, his family were told he would have been dead otherwise.

As a player he was imperious...my mum went to Spurs once with my older brother when I was a nipper...she knew nothing about footy but she came back and said " there was a player there tonight and he was like a ballet dancer " and that's such a great description of him, probably the most graceful, talented and balletic footballer I've ever seen...watch the video above and his goals are just unbelievable, throw in shit pitches and players kicking lumps out of him and it makes it all the more significant. Get well soon Glenda, we were blessed to have you at Spurs...

So many tap ins......:)

WOW! how is that even humanly possible?

Get well soon Glenn. You were one of the true Tottenham Legends, and certainly one of the reasons so many started supporting Spurs in the '80s!

Was it now Robbie, the worst experience of YOUR life? Amazing that the first thing someone chooses to write about this is about themselves?
Says more about Robbie Savage than anything else... the guy's a simpleton!

I'm pretty sure it was up there with one of Glenn's worst days too!

As a paramedic i can tell you he is so far a lucky man but also not out the woods.

If he indeed had a cardiac arrest (as it states defib was used) that is far worse a medical condition than an MI (Heart attack). Brain suffers permanent damage very quickly post-arrest and so some time is needed in hospital to assess (if any) what damage that is.

He got medical attention immediately and that does bode well as a final uplifting point as it is crucial for successful resus attempts.

Back
Top Bottom