Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep more mis-management from the top down sadly.

Poch made a big thing of moving from coach to manager around 2016 (I think) ...…. and also sometime around last summer period that he was no longer in charge of transfers so I guess he has to take some responsibility for transfers in the period where we brought in 20 odd players but too few made an impression- but maybe not summer 2019.

At Liverpool Klopp is certainly not in charge of transfers - for example he was adamant that he didn't want Salah, but his DoF told him that Salah was arriving. Think Klopp is quite pleased that other judgements prevailed now

What I like about him is that compared to Eriksen, Gio takes on players, he doesn’t fear from the responsability of doing things on his own to try to bail the team out. Even on his peak Eriksen never did that imo.

Also he looks like he’s got a pretty decent direct freekick in him, that’s good.

What I like about him is that compared to Eriksen, Gio takes on players, he doesn’t fear from the responsability of doing things on his own to try to bail the team out. Even on his peak Eriksen never did that imo.

Also he looks like he’s got a pretty decent direct freekick in him, that’s good.

Gio looks like he enjoys a tackle. I think that is the main difference for me.

I can see why PSG played him as a defensive midfield.

Played really well today. Only a world class save stopped his free kick from going in. They didn't know how to handle him.

Looking forward to seeing him play more with Ndombele.
Yeah gio is doing his part

come Tanguy

there were moments when those two showed some real mastery over the football

it needs to be more than just fleeting moments though

I know BC will have an aneurysm but could you put Sissoko in there with instruction to cover the ground behind those 2 ?

Ndombele, Gio, and Sissoko all like to tackle. All like to go on runs. Two of them are decent passes although Sissoko has his moments.

Thing is Winksy has been pretty decent the last month even if I think he is just a squad player. I'd rather have Winksy over Sissoko.

In saying that, I think Gedson possibly has a higher ceiling.

Ndombele, Gio, and Sissoko all like to tackle. All like to go on runs. Two of them are decent passes although Sissoko has his moments.

Thing is Winksy has been pretty decent the last month even if I think he is just a squad player. I'd rather have Winksy over Sissoko.

In saying that, I think Gedson possibly has a higher ceiling.
So in conclusion?

**deep breath**
**dramatic pause**

Yes.
I know BC will have an aneurysm but could you put Sissoko in there with instruction to cover the ground behind those 2 ?
Nah he is like a dog chasing cars, no discipline he'd do his best but he'd not sit. We need a mobile physical player there one who tackle but not look to break lines just pass the ball. The lad at Leeds.

Really like the look of him. He’s going from strength to strength and is making our team tick. Eriksen will be hard to replace no doubt. His passing was brilliant, generally has a move in most of our goals, chipped in with important goals himself, and never got injured. The last one is a quality im ranking highly as the majority of our team can’t make it through a season without being injured and injured players are the worst. Eriksen played almost every game for years. But there’s something about LoCelso that makes me believe he could be better. Hes quick over a distance, he’s got some height and strength and he’s not afraid to take on players like a previous poster said. He’s got a good eye for a pass and I believe he has goals in him but the team formation isn’t setup for him to score many.

Instead of having a Winks-Dier or Sissoko combo, we need a world class DM. I’m talking Kante in his prime.

Lo Celso - DM - NDombele
Son —— Kane—- Bergwijn

That my friends is a world class midfield and attack in the making!

A few people mentioning the Leeds kid. I don’t see them enough to pass judgement

You clearly think he’s ready
Honestly I'm not going to pretend I know for sure. I have seen him three times each time he was solid unspectacular but mobile and good in the tackle, his passing short in particular didn't impress. However he kept it simple and he'd get game time for us as we are. It did make me wonder though why our academy could not produce someone with such rudimentary skill sets. Paying more than 15 million for him seems bonkers.

At the moment or in general?

Id probably agree with now if we are basing it on fitness but he absolutely can.

I think he will always struggle with the speed and physical nature of PL football. Modric fir example had a great engine, unbelievable work rate to move around the pitch and never ever seemed to tire. Ndombele doesn't appear to have this and it's not just about his fitness. Ive said before that I feel he would be better deployed in a number 10 role, as a playmaker with players behind him to do the hard work

Back
Top Bottom