Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone know if Mourinho has historically preferred a 4-3-3 instead of a 4 2 3 1?

Gedson seems cover for two of the three mids in a 4-3-3. Ideally I think Winks is too. Dier is currently our best destroyer, wanyama is a shell of himself.

But to be honest, just a solid destroyer and our midfield is fully stocked for a while.

-------------destroyer/dier/sissoko
Locelso/Gedson/dele------ndombele/winks

And lots of interchangeability.

My only worry is how dele would do in a 4-3-3.

Does anyone know if Mourinho has historically preferred a 4-3-3 instead of a 4 2 3 1?

Gedson seems cover for two of the three mids in a 4-3-3. Ideally I think Winks is too. Dier is currently our best destroyer, wanyama is a shell of himself.

But to be honest, just a solid destroyer and our midfield is fully stocked for a while.

-------------destroyer/dier/sissoko
Locelso/Gedson/dele------ndombele/winks

And lots of interchangeability.

My only worry is how dele would do in a 4-3-3.

He played a 4-3-1-2 formation at Porto and changed it to a 4-3-3 at Chelsea (2004-07). At Inter he started with the 4-3-3 (had Mancini and Quaresma as wingers) but by the end of his first season it was already a 4-2-3-1. Kept the same formation at Madrid and also when he got back to Premier League at Chelsea. At United it was a bit confused - mainly because of Pogba.

He will go with the best formation for his players. And personally I think he should biult the team around Lo Celso, so... 4-3-3.

How fucking good is this guy? Puts the others to shame. Incredible. Sign him up and tell whoever comes to buy him to fuck off.

Last edited:
I was among those who feared that Jose may not fancy him or that he may not be able to impress quickly enough, but these last few weeks have put everything at ease. He'll become a key player, fantastic technique and has the fight for this league.

Back
Top Bottom