Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's like a mix between Modric and Eriksen for me. If he played in an AM3 I think he would rack up goals/assists but will also offer a lot in a deeper role given his tenacity and ability to dribble.

he looks a good player, only concern for me is lots of his final passes in to penalty box keep getting cut out/hit defenders, yes its the hardest pass (threading though eye of needle) he can see the pass (which is great) as for me only Kane & Eriksen see that early pass and we are losing eriksen
just hope GLC keeps trying these eye of needle balls and they start coming off

This guy is quality, build the team around him, decent DM , GLC and Ndombele is pure sex!

GLC and Ndombele have achieved virtually nothing in a Spurs shirt so far - neither of them have established themselves in the side yet so the suggestion that the team should be built around them is somewhat silly.

That’s the first priority and for them to perform to level their fee suggested which neither have. Their failure to do that is one of the reasons behind our form this season.

Both clearly have talent by this endless hyperbolism from our supporters has to stop it doesn’t benefit anyone.

GLC and Ndombele have achieved virtually nothing in a Spurs shirt so far - neither of them have established themselves in the side yet so the suggestion that the team should be built around them is somewhat silly.

That’s the first priority and for them to perform to level their fee suggested which neither have. Their failure to do that is one of the reasons behind our form this season.

Both clearly have talent by this endless hyperbolism from our supporters has to stop it doesn’t benefit anyone.

While I don't disagree that there is often hyperbole from football fans, the logic that the player has to achieve something in a Spurs shirt first is silly. If we signed Messi, would we have to wait until he's played 100 games for us before we make him the focal point of how we build the team?

While I don't disagree that there is often hyperbole from football fans, the logic that the player has to achieve something in a Spurs shirt first is silly. If we signed Messi, would we have to wait until he's played 100 games for us before we make him the focal point of how we build the team?

You don’t build a team around reputation you build around actual achievement.

Our team should be built around Kane - he is world class and has produced world class consistent performances for us.

Neither Ndombele or GLC are Messi - but even with Messi no club should build their team around a 32 year old.

A player needs to earn that position at the Club - it should come automatically. And just because a player was a star at an other club in an other league doesn’t mean they are going to be a success here.

You don’t build a team around reputation you build around actual achievement.

Our team should be built around Kane - he is world class and has produced world class consistent performances for us.

Neither Ndombele or GLC are Messi - but even with Messi no club should build their team around a 32 year old.

A player needs to earn that position at the Club - it should come automatically. And just because a player was a star at an other club in an other league doesn’t mean they are going to be a success here.

You're trying to use Messi's age to disprove a point but we both know the argument I'm making is to do with ability and not other factors such as age.

If you managed a non-league club and N'dombele signs are you still waiting for him to prove himself? Of course, he may not be a success in the Conference South so maybe we should ignore the fact that scouts have spent months watching him tear it up for Lyon on the highest stage (including the CL) and base our opinion of him solely on how he is shoehorned into a formation that may not suit him.

If you sign a 7 foot striker that's averaged 8 headed goals per game in Spain, should we wait for him to prove himself in a team that doesn't cross the ball before building the team around him?

Building the team around achievement within only your team is ridiculous.

Him and Ndombele are critical to relieve pressure in the midfield and transition to attack.
I'd like to see a midfield three of Winks, Lo Celso and Ndombele. I would still be nervous that a good team could get in pockets behind it though, but fuck would take that right now all things considered.

You're trying to use Messi's age to disprove a point but we both know the argument I'm making is to do with ability and not other factors such as age.

If you managed a non-league club and N'dombele signs are you still waiting for him to prove himself? Of course, he may not be a success in the Conference South so maybe we should ignore the fact that scouts have spent months watching him tear it up for Lyon on the highest stage (including the CL) and base our opinion of him solely on how he is shoehorned into a formation that may not suit him.

If you sign a 7 foot striker that's averaged 8 headed goals per game in Spain, should we wait for him to prove himself in a team that doesn't cross the ball before building the team around him?

Building the team around achievement within only your team is ridiculous.

You can’t just focus on one factor there are a multitude of them - age be an important one.

And there is little sense in dealing in the realms of fantasy - Ndomeble is never going to sign for non league club. He did sign for one of the biggest teams in the PL but despite his reputation and achievement at Lyon he is never going to a player that we would automatically build our team around.

If we are to do that it will because his performances in a Spurs shirt have warranted that. It would be madness to do that now given that’s he is overweight, consistently injured and hasn’t sat the world on fire when has been in the team.

Should he be given the opportunity to become that focal point on the team - absolutely, should it be simply given to him because of past glories elsewhere absolutely not.

Lo Celso will love the EPL, opposing midfielders will hate him, most EPL players when pressed will pass the ball sideways or backwards ... not LoCelso for the second game in a row he tops the attempted dribbles, press him as he just spins away and ghosts past you ... right now we remember that his final ball fails, but that's because he attempts so many. He had four completed KPs' against Norwich, and whilst only one completed yesterday he must have attempted about ten ...

Only young and lots of learning but you simply can't coach his level of skill - great players Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Silva, KdB - you simply can't get them off the ball, LoCelso has that look about him ... we can but hope.

Lo Celso is a fantastic talent and is now starting to show that for us, if we could get the right blend around him in midfield we would be in much better shape, a quality DM and a striker this week and I would be confident of a good end to the season with Lo Celso at the centre of it

Many players play well for teams in other european teams but just dont shine in our league. Thought hes gona be one of those , not much better than someone like Winks. Last few games though, hes been fooking brilliant. Cant wait to see him and NDombele together.

Back
Top Bottom