Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs.

Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

He doesnt have Modric's dribbling . But Lo celso next to Ndombele ...if they get going together, it would be like putting Modric next to Dembele.
No it wouldn't.

To be effective they need a good solid defensive midfielder alongside them.

And they both need to show they can do a job in a hard slog of a season. Far from certain.

Register to remove

Does anyone know if Mourinho has historically preferred a 4-3-3 instead of a 4 2 3 1?

Gedson seems cover for two of the three mids in a 4-3-3. Ideally I think Winks is too. Dier is currently our best destroyer, wanyama is a shell of himself.

But to be honest, just a solid destroyer and our midfield is fully stocked for a while.

-------------destroyer/dier/sissoko
Locelso/Gedson/dele------ndombele/winks

And lots of interchangeability.

My only worry is how dele would do in a 4-3-3.

Does anyone know if Mourinho has historically preferred a 4-3-3 instead of a 4 2 3 1?

Gedson seems cover for two of the three mids in a 4-3-3. Ideally I think Winks is too. Dier is currently our best destroyer, wanyama is a shell of himself.

But to be honest, just a solid destroyer and our midfield is fully stocked for a while.

-------------destroyer/dier/sissoko
Locelso/Gedson/dele------ndombele/winks

And lots of interchangeability.

My only worry is how dele would do in a 4-3-3.
He played a 4-3-1-2 formation at Porto and changed it to a 4-3-3 at Chelsea (2004-07). At Inter he started with the 4-3-3 (had Mancini and Quaresma as wingers) but by the end of his first season it was already a 4-2-3-1. Kept the same formation at Madrid and also when he got back to Premier League at Chelsea. At United it was a bit confused - mainly because of Pogba.

He will go with the best formation for his players. And personally I think he should biult the team around Lo Celso, so... 4-3-3.

Register to remove

Darnswim

Supporter
Bill Nicholson. Mauricio Pochettino.
How fucking good is this guy? Puts the others to shame. Incredible. Sign him up and tell whoever comes to buy him to fuck off.

Last edited:

KickHerInTheSponge

Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness
I was among those who feared that Jose may not fancy him or that he may not be able to impress quickly enough, but these last few weeks have put everything at ease. He'll become a key player, fantastic technique and has the fight for this league.

Register to remove

Top Bottom