Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

t.png

#18+28

Do you really think the Spurs website are going to have a laugh at how we managed to (partially) get around PSG's hefty sell-on clause?

MboVJ.gif
Whoever quoted me, said i was quoting some no nothing journo. When I was quoting the source. Anything else is from no nothing hacks.
The only fact we know is there is an option to buy. Not and obligation.

He's been pretty useful in the last few games, so maybe the next manager will try and keep him.
I'm sure Levy will find a way out of it.

So the obligation to buy is only triggered if we make the CL? What a disaster this will end up being if he chooses not to stay at the end of the season. Imagine a scenario where he plays great but decides to leave due to no CL and/or potentially no Poch, I can see one of City, Liverpool, or Chelsea snatching him up since there’s no way he’s staying at Betis.

A lot of our fans (myself included) had a go at Woolwich for the Ceballos deal (15m loan fee + wages) but lo Celso deal would be worse, because he can move to PL club we’d be competing for top 4 with whereas Ceballos would be going back to Madrid.

So the obligation to buy is only triggered if we make the CL? What a disaster this will end up being if he chooses not to stay at the end of the season. Imagine a scenario where he plays great but decides to leave due to no CL and/or potentially no Poch, I can see one of City, Liverpool, or Chelsea snatching him up since there’s no way he’s staying at Betis.

A lot of our fans (myself included) had a go at Woolwich for the Ceballos deal (15m loan fee + wages) but lo Celso deal would be worse, because he can move to PL club we’d be competing for top 4 with whereas Ceballos would be going back to Madrid.

We spent the whole summer trying to mug off betis and now were going to lose him aren't we.

He was the one shining light yesterday. He wasn't great but in the final third we looked dangerous with him and n'dombele sliding in balls.

We spent the whole summer trying to mug off betis and now were going to lose him aren't we.

He was the one shining light yesterday. He wasn't great but in the final third we looked dangerous with him and n'dombele sliding in balls.

I think it’s completely in our hands to buy.CL qualification just compelled us to buy.

He’s ours.

The loan looked like a good deal at the time because it meant we have funds to pursue another player (Dybala) and Betis could stifle PSG on a the sell -on clause.

But tbh, who truly knows what the details are on the contract, what we hear and see are all rumors.

Believe me mate, our Chairman would not have paid out a rumoured £14m fee for a season long loan unless the permanent option was on our terms. We just scraped top 4 last season and we have never budgeted our money based on the need for Champions League revenue, hence why profits have been so high for the last few seasons compared to any we experienced before that time.

We have the option to buy which means we are the only ones who can back out. Lyon had the same with Ndombele before they signed him on a permanent, it's a pretty common thing these days as teams look to try before they buy or at clever ways to get around paying X amount sell on fees.

Love Gio so far, exactly the kind of player we need going forward. If we didn't pay the fee to make this move permanent I'd be quite annoyed.
During this rocky period Gio has at least provided a glimmer of hope for the future.He looks a proper player.I am way more convinced by him than by NDombele,sometimes I think he looks incredible but often I think he lacks the engine/physicality that is required in the PL.
All we need now is an almost entirely new back four and an absolute beast of a DM!! The only way is up,COYS!!!!

He did tire yesterday and we will see more from him. Do not think Poch felt he was ready to start but started him because Fans including me wanted him to start. Maybe We were wrong and Poch was right but his performance was no worse than recent Eriksen performances and he will get better and we need to stick with him.

Have a listen to the end of this video...

It would suggest we need European football of some kind.

It's a done deal.

If we make Europe we are obligated to buy him for a set price.
If we don't make Europe we still have an option to buy him for the same price.

He's already said farewell to Betis and the fans. Not see you when I come back, farewell. He's moved here with the full intention of making it a permanent one.

It's a done deal.

If we make Europe we are obligated to buy him for a set price.
If we don't make Europe we still have an option to buy him for the same price.

He's already said farewell to Betis and the fans. Not see you when I come back, farewell. He's moved here with the full intention of making it a permanent one.
he came here think it was top 4 spurs, we aren't going to be top 6 spurs with Poch, so he may no stay

Why is everyone so fussed about making top 4 to get CL next season? Have they changed the rules now where the winner doesn’t get auto qualification for the next season or something ? :sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom