Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How on earth did he stay on the pitch?
I agree I thought it was a red however the only thing I could see that provides doubt, is that Asp is sliding underneath Lo Celso. That's to say that Gio is already bringing his foot down without the knowledge of knowing Asp's leg will end up coming underneath his foot.

This doesn't change my view that I think it's a red just offering a possible reason why VAR thought it wasn't.

Definitely a red, any day of the week.

Saying that, can someone compare the reactions in the media over there, in comparison to Maguire.

It looked nasty yes, my only query is still how intentional it was. Maguire jerked his leg towards his opponent the other day, the jolt is as clear a sign day. What's I want to know is why didn't Lo Celso's first half kick towards amount that was similar to Sonny vs Rudiger even get checked?

It's not an 'error' by VAR the equipment ... Lampard and the BBC are such dicks ... VAR videoed an incident where a player stamped / or a leg slid under a falling boot that's all it did .... some muppet working for the EPL/FA made the call, the same call the ref made ... not VAR the machine all that does is take video.

FYI - Same muppet who made two bad calls in the City v Leicester game, again not VAR just piss poor staff appointed by the EPL/FA.

For what it's worth LoCelso gets the benefit of the doubt from me (obvious bias) his foot was coming down not sure how he could know that a sliding leg was arriving ... of course only he knows the real truth.

With the risk of repeating what I said in another thread. The more you look at it the more it looks like a red. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though because Robertson, Capoue, Cantwell, Mount, Sterling all made challenges on our players this season that were as bad or worse. How come the media or pundits aren't kicking off about those ones?

It's about time we had a little something go our way. After today at least we have the consolation of not having another one of our best players missing some games for us.

With the risk of repeating what I said in another thread. The more you look at it the more it looks like a red. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though because Robertson, Capoue, Cantwell, Mount, Sterling all made challenges on our players this season that were as bad or worse. How come the media or pundits aren't kicking off about those ones?

It's about time we had a little something go our way. After today at least we have the consolation of not having another one of our best players missing some games for us.
Plenty in the media pleaded Sterling’s case for his challenge on Dele, he didn’t deserve a red as “he’s not that sort of player”.
It was a red card but he only got a yellow as he is a nice guy.

Plenty in the media pleaded Sterling’s case for his challenge on Dele, he didn’t deserve a red as “he’s not that sort of player”.
It was a red card but he only got a yellow as he is a nice guy.

And then for the second penalty claim, he didn't dive apparently....he was just running so fast that he fell over. Just a big coincidence it was when Lloris came to challenge him..also why did he call for a penalty if he just fell over by himself?

And then for the second penalty claim, he didn't dive apparently....he was just running so fast that he fell over. Just a big coincidence it was when Lloris came to challenge him..also why did he call for a penalty if he just fell over by himself?
Exactly. He got a yellow for his challenge on Dele that deserved a red and even then he got away with another yellow for his dive/just fell over but it’s all good as he isn’t that sort of a player. Apparently.

Clear as day red. Lucky for us.
Definitely a red, any day of the week.

Saying that, can someone compare the reactions in the media over there, in comparison to Maguire.
Guaranteed he gets a red in one of his next two games....
There's no retrospective action, but the Refs will sure as shit be looking for ANYTHING to get him on! ...by way of 'evening up The books' ....it'll be like how they got Al Capone on tax evasion!

GLC Witch hunt incoming!!!

He's been working hard defensively recently and I like his attitude but his tackling is shocking honestly, always mistimes it...

At Betis he was so good because he could score a ton of goals from deeper positions, failed at PSG due to them playing him in midfield... I really think he should get a chance to play false 9 or at least play at 10 so he can utilize his strong attributes.

I agree I thought it was a red however the only thing I could see that provides doubt, is that Asp is sliding underneath Lo Celso. That's to say that Gio is already bringing his foot down without the knowledge of knowing Asp's leg will end up coming underneath his foot.

This doesn't change my view that I think it's a red just offering a possible reason why VAR thought it wasn't.
Two people disagreeing with a post that presents both sides!! How fucking weird is that.

:harrysmile:

This would 've been a quick Red confirmed by VAR no doubt had been Son. No big deal here or no big deal when Mcguire kicks on someones balls. Why? Ego? Discrimination or both?

Back
Top Bottom