Georges-Kévin N'Koudou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've got absolutely no problem with this pic. I actually admire him and his dedication to become a footballer. It is needed to succeed. 99% of footballers don't end up playing for the clubs they support.

The picture I am uncomfortable with is the one dressed full kit, died red hair cheering that lot on a victory parade, fuck it, I despise it.

They were to ones stupid enough not to give him more time. Respect any child who makes it into any of the elite teams youth categories.

They were to ones stupid enough not to give him more time. Respect any child who makes it into any of the elite teams youth categories.

If there had been wise people at that club at the time looking at Kane, we would have been talking to the Woolwich legend who is the best striker since Shearer and will break every record is - and the sad fact that he really is a Spurs fan..

In that case, I love the fact they fucked it up.

Football is romance. Without it we are fucked, how on earth to billions of people get so engaged in a game where 22 grown men kick an inflated pigs bladder into a net that all hinges on the possibilities of just three outcomes, a win, a loss or a draw.

You seem to have glossed over the "blinkered" part within my comment.

It is a 'sin' to play for more than one team is essentially the foundation of your point.

(Dude, I typically perceive you as a high quality poster, but I just can't fathom where your head is at on this... It's all cod-poeticism to my ears.... I say we leave it be...?)

My best friend supports West Ham, doesn't mean I'll be stepping out with him dressed like this any time soon....

2641770542_4505200275_b.jpg
The Irons

Granted, but...

It's naive, careless and more than a touch ignorant.... These kids all grew up as football fans and (should) understand the whole dynamic... There really no excuse.

It's massively disrespectful to our fanbase.
Most footballers, there are a tiny few exceptions, have no affinity to any team. Even the one they support. They love football. It's very different from being a 'proper' fan. It's tribal to us.
Why is a gooner wanting a picture with a Spurs player, wearing a Chelsea shirt? That's the mentality of most footballers.
That's why you'll get Campbell's and players that kiss the badge but would fuck off to a rival at the drop of a hat.

Yeah, I don't really see the comparison of wearing a shirt of a team paying your wages to being a player of Tottenham and wearing a Chelsea shirt

Not just wearing it though, not even knowing that it was wrong.
He wasn't wearing the shirt like a fashion accessory. He was playing 5 a side in it.
Very different from wearing it as everyday wear.
It's not like he's bought it.
He's been a bit of an idiot, but if not for that pic, nobody would have known.

Most footballers, there are a tiny few exceptions, have no affinity to any team. Even the one they support. They love football. It's very different from being a 'proper' fan. It's tribal to us.
Why is a gooner wanting a picture with a Spurs player, wearing a Chelsea shirt? That's the mentality of most footballers.
That's why you'll get Campbell's and players that kiss the badge but would fuck off to a rival at the drop of a hat.

Just so it's clear, I'm not expecting a player to share any affinities (if a player develops them then great, all the better, but I'm not blinkered enough to expect a squad of 22 Spurs fans as passionate as our goodselves).

You show professional courtesy and respect for the club you are representing at the time.

Allowing yourself to be photographed in another teams shirt is a massive insult to each and every paying fan.

For me this G*N thing is a simple notion that any football player at any level should grasp regardless of club, country, rivalries or length of tenure.

(Not interested in any soft-soap, sympathetic bollocks about young people and social media either...

I've had email for 20 odd years now... Did I use to email pics off my cock around in my late teens just cos I had the means? ...This incessant, yet futile, broadcasting of one-self is a disease that needs die. If a few 'eggs' get broken for the greater good then so be it.)

Last edited:
He wasn't wearing the shirt like a fashion accessory. He was playing 5 a side in it. Very different from wearing it as everyday wear.

Why? He's wearing it in the public eye.

Might bear some kind of relevance in a scenario where a guy can't otherwise afford to clothe himself, but that bares no relevance in the slightest to this particular context.

Yet he did wear it in public AND pose for a pic with it on... AND HERE WE ARE.

You seem to have glossed over the "blinkered" part within my comment.

It is a 'sin' to play for more than one team is essentially the foundation of your point.

(Dude, I typically perceive you as a high quality poster, but I just can't fathom where your head is at on this... It's all cod-poeticism to my ears.... I say we leave it be...?)
I fully accept players move clubs, it's a job. Many reasons effect this decision too, from the player and clubs points of view, in addition to the relative ambitions and abilities of the player and club. This is the game of football and nothing has changed since it began.

My point has no baring of playing for more than one team or not, my point is the double standards applied to the rage of the fans. It is us I'm calling out. (caveat aloud for *certain teams, Chelsea being one of them).

All seemingly accepting it's OK to watch Roberts, Hazard, Hoddle proudly wear a Chelsea shirt, honouring their fans with that privilege but outrageous for N'Koudou to wear one on a five-a-side court with a bunch of 10 year olds. For me the former is far, far, far worse than what N'Koudou did. I don't like what N'Koudou did, but I feel no rage or emotion towards him.

I do have a negative emotion towards Roberts honouring the Chelsea shirt, proudly sporting it in front of their cheering fans. Doing what we love Roberts doing so well for us, he's done for every club has gone to, giving his all, because that's the type of player he is. He gave his all for Chelsea, he did that with pride, he felt the honour of having that privilege, their fans cheered him.

For me this is the difference. It's a stain, a fucking nasty horrible skid mark. I do not feel this way about his time at any other club, I feel this way because it's Chelsea. What he did at Rangers I couldn't give two fucks about, what Bale does at Madrid, couldn't give a single shit about because that's the business of football.

So, the difference is because a) It's Chelsea b) wearing the rival shirt with honour and pride on behalf of their fans (something that I don't think N'Koudou was doing when having a knock about with 10 year olds).

He wasn't wearing the shirt like a fashion accessory. He was playing 5 a side in it.
Very different from wearing it as everyday wear.

I was more questioning the fact he didn't know we were rivals.

I fully accept players move clubs, it's a job. Many reasons effect this decision too, from the player and clubs points of view, in addition to the relative ambitions and abilities of the player and club. This is the game of football and nothing has changed since it began.

My point has no baring of playing for more than one team or not, my point is the double standards applied to the rage of the fans. It is us I'm calling out. (caveat aloud for *certain teams, Chelsea being one of them).

All seemingly accepting it's OK to watch Roberts, Hazard, Hoddle proudly wear a Chelsea shirt, honouring their fans with that privilege but outrageous for N'Koudou to wear one on a five-a-side court with a bunch of 10 year olds. For me the former is far, far, far worse than what N'Koudou did. I don't like what N'Koudou did, but I feel no rage or emotion towards him.

I do have a negative emotion towards Roberts honouring the Chelsea shirt, proudly sporting it in front of their cheering fans. Doing what we love Roberts doing so well for us, he's done for every club has gone to, giving his all, because that's the type of player he is. He gave his all for Chelsea, he did that with pride, he felt the honour of having that privilege, their fans cheered him.

For me this is the difference. It's a stain, a fucking nasty horrible skid mark. I do not feel this way about his time at any other club, I feel this way because it's Chelsea. What he did at Rangers I couldn't give two fucks about, what Bale does at Madrid, couldn't give a single shit about because that's the business of football.

So, the difference is because a) It's Chelsea b) wearing the rival shirt with honour and pride on behalf of their fans (something that I don't think N'Koudou was doing when having a knock about with 10 year olds).

So for you it's a Chav thing then? ....Roberts is a mere few steps off being full-Sol? ...And G*N simply notches below cos not representing them in a playing capacity?

Me? The principal of the G*K thing is ever-present... It's just made worse by the fact it was a rival's shirt....

So for you it's a Chav thing then? ....Roberts is a mere few steps off being full-Sol? ...And G*N simply notches below cos not representing them in a playing capacity?

Me? The principal of the G*K thing is ever-present... It's just made worse by the fact it was a rival's shirt....
Pretty much yeah. (Although Sol is on a higher plain as he was academy player and stone faced liar and went on a free, the stabbings he gave me were multiple).

But wearing a rivals shirt and loving it, wearing it with pride and honour is vile. I have only one person I have no distain for having done this and that's Jennings. It destroyed me seeing him wear their shirt, I have reconciled with him because we binned him off, rather than him leaving by choice. It's also been many, many years and he's colours have been nailed to a Tottenham mast for decades. Robbo, Hazard and Hoddle et al they too have nailed their colours to our mast and time is a healer. Be interesting what Roberts has to say, he is usual very vocal on all matters Tottenham, haven't seen him give his opinion on this yet but suspect he will let this one fade away.

What further dilutes N'Koudou is I don't even know who he is, I literally know fuck all about him, I have no affinity with him at all. Seen him play a handful of minutes, if he left tomorrow he will be the very tricky Pub quiz question in 5 years from now.

This thread needs a poll. Wearing another team's shirt whilst still in our squad is plainly something that divides opinion. Would be interesting to see how that poll would pan out. How would we feel if it was Dele Alli for instance?

For me, I would be very disappointed but would be looking to forgive Dele but GKN can fuck off. Double standards? Yeah, 'fraid so.

Again I'll say it's stupid but we're all coming from supporters point of view. For him, it's a job - and a job in a foreign country.

Flipping it - As an Englishman - If I was a limited, relatively unknown, bit part player for Montpellier it might be reasonably daft for me to put on a Marseille shirt for a few minutes and be photographed. Probably not something I would give too many fucks about though, and not something I would consider to effect my playing ability or commitment to Montpellier.

Again I'll say it's stupid but we're all coming from supporters point of view. For him, it's a job - and a job in a foreign country.

Flipping it - As an Englishman - If I was a limited, relatively unknown, bit part player for Montpellier it might be reasonably daft for me to put on a Marseille shirt for a few minutes and be photographed. Probably not something I would give too many fucks about though, and not something I would consider to effect my playing ability or commitment to Montpellier.
SUNDAY-MIRROR-ONLY-Paul-Gascoigne-of-Glasgow-Rangers-mimics-playing-the-flute-as-he-celebrates-scoring-his-debut-goal.jpg

I don't think it's a question of affecting playing ability but it could call in to question his commitment. In my opinion it certainly calls in to question his judgement.

I don't think it's a question of affecting playing ability but it could call in to question his commitment. In my opinion it certainly calls in to question his judgement.

Yep, Poor Judgement very certainly - but that's it. Let's face it he is not engineering a move to Chelsea!

Back
Top Bottom