Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poor guy needs time to bed in to the league. It’s a long way from the Portuguese top division. Far too early to judge him but he’s going to struggle this season.

Was pretty impressed with him yesterday tbh. Lost the ball 2-3 times. All of them were pretty poor but I liked the intent, played some good passes and one great cross. He’s quick and has got quick feet. Not sure if he’s a starter but I’m interested to see how he develops. Not really sure what his best position is though

Was pretty impressed with him yesterday tbh. Lost the ball 2-3 times. All of them were pretty poor but I liked the intent, played some good passes and one great cross. He’s quick and has got quick feet. Not sure if he’s a starter but I’m interested to see how he develops. Not really sure what his best position is though

As a squad player, he fits the bill perfectly. Young and clearly talented, I'm glad we have him for the next year and a quarter.

I do think there's something there (could well be at the right side of the pitch as opposed to centre in a 2)

But he wasn't the best yesterday at all bar a brief 5 minute spell where he actually done well and made the right decisions.

He left Winks with alot to do in there.

Although he's nice technically, we needed a hard runner yesterday, his natural posture looks to be like Dele (at the moment), hence our dynamism improved hugely once he/they went off (I know I know RB dropped off as well giving that impression a false positive to some degree).

Not a slight per se, as his style has it's place, he is just slightly on the back foot posture wise, languid, hope that can be coached into him, as he has the technical ability to be top notch.

He had quite a job to help cover the right flank and middle of pitch. I was quite impressed. On the ball he is technically good and has a sharp burst of pace.

How do you mean?

Just not ready to sprint or move, quite vertical rather than a sprinter coming off a block. Slightly overly upright. With Dele I think it is from exhaustion somewhat though, but he is definitely worse the past 15months for this 'on his heels'/upright posture.

Both have good speed once moving, but against a Leipzig who are all about short 10-20m bursts it made them swarm much too readily on us.

Just not ready to sprint or move, quite vertical rather than a sprinter coming off a block. Slightly overly upright. With Dele I think it is from exhaustion somewhat though, but he is definitely worse the past 15months for this 'on his heels'/upright posture.

Both have good speed once moving, but against a Leipzig who are all about short 10-20m bursts it made them swarm much too readily on us.
Dele said (Football London): “As I’m getting older, my body can’t do what it used to as much so I am working a lot more off the pitch, in the gym on my hamstrings because I’ve picked up a few hamstring problems. "

What do you think of this?

Received the ball 11 times. Managed to complete 6 passes out of 10 attempted. 60%. In 64 fucking minutes.

And it was the same against the mighty footballing leviathan Southampton. 6 passes in an hour.

At the moment the 4m loan fee looks expensive, the 50m buy out fucking hilarious.

Oliver Skipp might as well be doing a plumbing apprenticeship, because he’s wasted 12 years of his life here.

Dele said (Football London): “As I’m getting older, my body can’t do what it used to as much so I am working a lot more off the pitch, in the gym on my hamstrings because I’ve picked up a few hamstring problems. "

He sounds like he's 33 not 23, doesn't sound promising for his career at all.

It might help understand why his work rate defensively is so poor. Does a lot of trotting about near the ball without actually doing much.

Back
Top Bottom