Gary Mabbutt -hospital

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just goes to show sometimes with this news and just reading that Cheick Tiote collapsed and died in training in China and the same with Ugo back in April. Its amazing how often this seems to happen to sports people at the top of their game or former sports people who would have had years of fitness work and testing.

We should send him something... what do you send a bloke in hospital for surgery who can't eat chocolate?
Let's have a whip round (seriously... could indiegogo or something)

I concur with all the comments above, the most genuine guy you could wish to meet. On the occasions I have been lucky to meet him, he has been gracious, modest and a true gentleman.
He was Mr Versatile and think he played in every postion apart from goalie. Considering his health issues, he was one of the most consistent performers we have ever had. His autobiography is a great read, gives you an indication what he went through just to live a normal life.
I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

The guy was my idol growing up, proof that diabetes didn't stop you doing what you wanted to do.

No matter what Harry Kane does in his Spurs career (and by God it looks like it could be an epic one) Mabbs will always be my idea of the Quintessential Spurs player.

We should send him something... what do you send a bloke in hospital for surgery who can't eat chocolate?
Let's have a whip round (seriously... could indiegogo or something)

Chocolate for Diabetics.......
Or a lifetime supply of Hustler magazine.

Either or...

In my thoughts Gary

Get well soon

A true gentleman on the Steve Perryman/Billy Nic scale

Can't get higher than that!

He's been in my thoughts since this news came out yesterday.
I had a heart attack 12 years ago and had stents put in. Two years ago I failed an exercise stress test and being self employed I was thrown out of work immediately. A few weeks later I was in hospital and went into cardiac arrest while they changed stents, it's a very scary time for Gary and his family, but he will get through this I have no doubt.
He will already be familiar with having dietary needs to help a health condition, so I'm sure he will take this in his stride.

Get well soon skip!

Back
Top Bottom