Gareth Southgate?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gareth Southgate our man?

• yes

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • no

Votes: 31 93.9%

• Total voters
We beat Colombia and Sweden to get to a semi. Name me one good team we beat at that world cup?

That was my point... a favourable draw is still not always easy to win... as last week proved!

Had England taken either Colombia or Sweden as lightly as we took Colchester, we wouldn't even have got out of the group stage, let alone worry about Croatia in the Semis!

I said when he went to Leicester that Rodgers was the miss.

I think Leicester have a questionable defence but Rodgers knows how to win, has managed 2 huge clubs and got a quiet and calm hardness about him.

Hmmmm.....

But “Hoddle” isn’t a reason.
You say international football is different so not worth the risk.

I can say he’s learned at a different level and can bring something extra to domestic football.

Both hold the same weight, so I don’t know why people are writing him off. Of course he was crap at Boro....he didn’t even have badges when he started and was literally there for two seasons.

I haven’t seen one single worthwhile argument as to why it’s a definitive no, but I guarantee you if he was Croatian or something he’d be “worth a punt”

I've said before mate, he's probably not up to Premier League management pressure with his current health problems. Jetting across Europe for CL games is hardly a way to recuperate after major heart surgery.

I think Leicester have a questionable defence but Rodgers knows how to win, has managed 2 huge clubs and got a quiet and calm hardness about him.

Hmmmm.....

Wouldn’t write them off again for top 4 anyway.....isn’t that the team Rafa built they are wiping the floor with

Hmmmm.....
Not for me.

Booted out by the Scousers and then won everything at Celtic where a chimp with a pin would do the double/triple every season.

I'd rather Ted Rogers, Roy Rogers (Trigger as first team coach) or Roger the Dodger.

Fuck Southgate and his stupid waistcoats ! If poch leaves for pastures new, let’s get in Hoddle, was one of the best England managers of my time

Levy will be interested in someone like Southgate. Ticks a lot of Levy boxes.

And about Rodgers........

Only Manchester City and Liverpool have accumulated more Premier League points than Leicester since Rodgers' appointment (BBC)

Yes he is an envelope waving nutter but that's not a bad stat and shows he has completely turned round Leicester's fortunes from where they were prior to his arrival to where they are now

That one 'yes' vote.

:harrylol:

The main issue is that there’s probably lots of people like myself who just don’t know.

Being open doesn’t mean you 100% want him.

The worrying thing is that if he did come, the knives are already out, the agendas are permanently fixed, and because he doesn’t say things like “De player are fighting no” it means he doesn’t know how football works.

Still waiting for a compelling “no” argument other than ten years ago having never managed before he didn’t do very well, domestically.
And that despite doing a very good job for the last seven years with England, international football is “different”.

Last time I checked you needed to kick a ball in the opposite goal to win, but each to their own.

I think he will stay until the 2022 Fifa World Cup and after that he might want to prove himself at club level at a club like Leicester or West Ham.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom