Game in hand

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich v Chelsea at lunchtime on Saturday as well. Them horrible Russian lot to take a point off them and it will be back in our own hands. But then a Woolwich win would help our top 4 chances. Hoping for a draw to get the best of both worlds.

Let's just hope the players and management focus 100% on our fixtures and not worry about anyone else.

Must give the players a little boost though...

I know what your saying...but I'm far from over yesterday.

As lovely as it is to see those Gooner twats cock up at home I can't get excited about the game in hand.

If we fuck this up then it's just another chance we've been given that we never seem to take.

I'll see how I feel on Friday....I'll probably be bang up for it again.

Spurs in a nutshell there.

When you consider that before today we were 5 points behind, I am wodering how relevant this game in hand actually is?

To be honest now I don't give s hit about the scum. Just want to pip the chavs and barcodes to the CL places.

Smoked Salmon said:
When you consider that before today we were 5 points behind, I am wodering how relevant this game in hand actually is?

To be honest now I don't give s hit about the scum. Just want to pip the chavs and barcodes to the CL places.

I was expecting to be 8 points behind these lot come 10pm tonight. They could do us a favour on Saturday by beating Chelsea. Just hope it gives the players a lift and we can still aim for 3rd rather than for 4th.

Smoked Salmon said:

All it takes is us winning out and them drawing Chelsea to be even on points.

I know a draw would be decent when them two cunts play on saturday but wouldn't it be better if Woolwich won so it would be better for us to get 4th? I'm probably gonna get neg rep for saying that but at the end of the day the further ahead we are of chelsea the better chance we've got to get 4th.

It's win win, at least one of them will be dropping points, same when the Chavs play Newcastle.

Let's concern ourselves with QPR, it's all academic if we fuck up again.

How come the only team we can get the double over, save West Brom can beat United, Scum and Chelski (Though another reff helped those chavs somehow win) I think I want Martinez as are new manager with Chico as the gung ho Joe Jordan replcament

Rosie47 said:
All we have to do is concentrate on winning our games one at a time, and stop concentrating on others.

Exactly. We shouldn't be in this position as it is, only ourselves to blame and ourselves to get out of it.

SadlerTHFC said:
I know a draw would be decent when them two cunts play on saturday but wouldn't it be better if Woolwich won so it would be better for us to get 4th? I'm probably gonna get neg rep for saying that but at the end of the day the further ahead we are of chelsea the better chance we've got to get 4th.

Thinking about it all is giving me a headache. I'm not going to watch the game and just hope for lots of injuries

I think it all depends on our 'overall/bigger picture' outlook... IF ArseAnal lose on Saturday, that constitutes consecutive, back-to-back defeats... SURELY the bin-bag brigade would be out in force at the mere thought of such 'tragedy'... that could, in itself de-rail their 'record-breaking-all-bow-down-to their-9-game-winning-run' that went before or whatever it was...

yet if they win, they'll think they've pretty much got 3rd sewn up, and we'll have to contend ourselves with the reality that Chelsea are still only 2 points behind us... but will be MIGHTILY pissed off...

Newcastle may well be ahead of us by the time we kick off at QPR... so again, it boils down to the fact that if we lose on Saturday, we have no one but ourselves to blame for NOT taking advantage of the fact that ONE if not BOTH of our rivals WILL drop points this weekend... and if WE can't do our bit of the bargain, then we have no right whatsoever to start working our permutations of other games and hoping for favours from other clubs... 'cos other clubs simply don't DO Spurs favours, it's the Law doncha know??

We need to win first and foremost... the rest has to take care of itself... we had our chance to do something permanently damaging to ArseAnal's season when we were 2-0 up there and look what happened.

There's fuck all we can do about ArseAnal now...

...unless we get someone to shit in THEIR lasagne this time!

Again, we really need not to be worrying about what others do.

If we go in to QPR in 6th it could just as easily have a detrimental effect in that the players will feel under even more pressure and crumble or go all gung ho trying to win and end up losing 1-0 or somethng..

Just focus on our own games and we will be OK.

Back
Top Bottom