Fulham (a) 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
I dont think Poch is demanding he bomb forward at the same time as Rose personally, and I dont think that Trippier is point blank refusing to do it.
Im aware he´s off form, and Im aware that he´s not been as effective as he can be, but yesterday I think it simply tactical most of his decisions to go backwards.

Id rather he play safe than out of his comfort zone personally
thats the point though - he's already bombing forward. he spent the whole game camped in the final third- its just that when he gets there he wants acres to cross or he goes backwards. there's almost a look of panic any time someone gets near him.

thats the point though - he's already bombing forward. he spent the whole game camped in the final third- its just that when he gets there he wants acres to cross or he goes backwards. there's almost a look of panic any time someone gets near him.

Well he could continuously smash it into someone’s legs like Eriksen does but I guess he’d get cunted for that too.

I’m pretty sure I could re watch the game I see Trippier doing nothing worse than anyone else bar Rose and Winks yesterday..
But apparently it’s another game that “proves he’s shit” to many.

Well he could continuously smash it into someone’s legs like Eriksen does but I guess he’d get cunted for that too.

I’m pretty sure I could re watch the game I see Trippier doing nothing worse than anyone else bar Rose and Winks yesterday..
But apparently it’s another game that “proves he’s shit” to many.
i dont think he's shit, i just think he was poor yesterday. Its horse for courses - yesterday he had almost fuck all to do defensively , the luxury of three at the back, and a team that concede goals like no other. I think its ok to expect him to be more adventurous, but i also accept that he's not that kind of player, which is why my criticism is fairly passive. For a player that's lauded as a master crosser, he gave up the opportunity to cross way too much for my liking.

i dont think he's shit, i just think he was poor yesterday. Its horse for courses - yesterday he had almost fuck all to do defensively , the luxury of three at the back, and a team that concede goals like no other. I think its ok to expect him to be more adventurous, but i also accept that he's not that kind of player, which is why my criticism is fairly passive. For a player that's lauded as a master crosser, he gave up the opportunity to cross way too much for my liking.

But he is that type of player

Tripper has 31 assists in 155 appearances for Spurs
Kyle Walker has 32 assists in 201 appearances for Spurs and City
Azpilcueta has 37 assists in 306 appearances for Chelsea

"Tripper cant attack"

:paulinhobored:

On a side note, anyone think Sessengon was any better than Trippier yesterday?
Didn’t people want us to spunk anywhere between 30 and 50M on him not long ago?

Did fuck all, despite our RB being supposedly garbage

Classic sammy troll tactic this btw - pick a poor player and argue with everyone he's actually a great player. Then call them fake supporters for not backing up the shirt

But he is that type of player

kind of enhancing my point. Great crosser, opted to go backwards all game. This, by definition, is a sub par performance at best, and at worse, a bit shit.

Last time i'll say this - i like tripps, i'm not slagghing him off, but its ok to call one performance shit. That doesnt mean you're succumbing to the "tripps is shit" bollocks, which i dont subscribe to either.

LOL - assists. KWP has the same number of assists as him but has played 1435 mins less. That's 16 games btw.

He's a poor player - everyone can see that except you - the all knowing super-fan

I haven’t said he hasn’t been poor.
I’ve said he’s not a poor player.

He is off form, and his stats prove he’s better than what he’s been doing this season.

I love KWP, and rate Aurier. You won’t find any response where I try and belittle their contributions to “win” so no need to throw KWPs assists around.
I just showed you how prolific Trippier has been compared to City and Chelsea’s RBs, when he’s in form.

I don’t judge a players ability on his off period.

kind of enhancing my point. Great crosser, opted to go backwards all game. This, by definition, is a sub par performance at best, and at worse, a bit shit.

Last time i'll say this - i like tripps, i'm not slagghing him off, but its ok to call one performance shit. That doesnt mean you're succumbing to the "tripps is shit" bollocks, which i dont subscribe to either.

I’ve not said you are slagging him off, I’m simply pointing out in a game where by and large many have acknowledged as one of the worst games of our season, I find it odd that people thought Trippier was worse than anyone else bar Winks and Rose.

I’m fully aware he’s been off this season. He’s also been injured and low on confidence, but yesterday wasn’t a game he stood out for being poor.

That’s all.

I haven’t said he hasn’t been poor.
I’ve said he’s not a poor player.

He is off form, and his stats prove he’s better than what he’s been doing this season.

I love KWP, and rate Aurier. You won’t find any response where I try and belittle their contributions to “win” so no need to throw KWPs assists around.
I just showed you how prolific Trippier has been compared to City and Chelsea’s RBs, when he’s in form.

I don’t judge a players ability on his off period.
When would you say was Trippier last on form?

Classic sammy troll tactic this btw - pick a poor player and argue with everyone he's actually a great player. Then call them fake supporters for not backing up the shirt

So now you make stuff up, and press disagree with the statistical facts I posted.

Shall I deny Salahs stats too....maybe that makes us above them

When would you say was Trippier last on form?
All last season and World Cup where he picked up a nasty injury, struggled at the start of the season, then done his groin in November.

He’s been poor in some games, decent in others but this season below his standard.
Which in my opinion is very good

I’ve not said you are slagging him off, I’m simply pointing out in a game where by and large many have acknowledged as one of the worst games of our season, I find it odd that people thought Trippier was worse than anyone else bar Winks and Rose.

I’m fully aware he’s been off this season. He’s also been injured and low on confidence, but yesterday wasn’t a game he stood out for being poor.

That’s all.
didn't say he did. Lots of players were shit. he was def one of them, and like you say has been off for a while so perhaps it just stands out a bit more.

One that stood out for me yesterday and I think I commented on it in the match thread was him having a perfect opportunity to cross it first time he hesitated,took another touch and was blocked

He is lacking confidence as when he does cross it first time it’s invariably a good one which causes the opposition problems

I voted Winksy as MotM and loved his refreshing honest interview afterwards
Good luck to the lad
We need him to step up against the Nazis now

I thought Alli and Lamela were poor. They were incapable of holding onto the ball and played into Fulham's hands.

I think we will fare much better with Eriksen pushed further forward.

Back
Top Bottom