Fucking Hell!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On first viewing I wanted to kill all of them. Then I heard it was made for a Bar Mitzvah and so presumably wasn't supposed to go online and felt a bit bad. On it's own merit I bet it was quite entertaining for the guests and the kid.

Then again, if he did post it online afterwards he is a nob.
He should be prosecuted for child abuse.

First saw that video posted by the Spurs USA twitter account, simultaneously relieved and horrified that it wasn't an American doing his shit. Also, is it just me, or is it that only Spurs seem to get mocked for this shit? It was the same with that horrible "One Club" Spurred On video. You can find cringe videos from any of the other English six in 5 seconds on google. For example:

Or even random memes, like the poorly worded "Indian English" Man United/Liverpool memes.

First saw that video posted by the Spurs USA twitter account, simultaneously relieved and horrified that it wasn't an American doing his shit. Also, is it just me, or is it that only Spurs seem to get mocked for this shit? It was the same with that horrible "One Club" Spurred On video. You can find cringe videos from any of the other English six in 5 seconds on google. For example:

Or even random memes, like the poorly worded "Indian English" Man United/Liverpool memes.

Jesus h Christ what tf is that :dembele:

I can't find words to describe the horrors I have just seen.

randy_startled.gif

I really struggle with the fact that anyone could ever think something like this is a good idea.

Then I further struggle with knowing that at no point between the idea and the filming did anyone have second thoughts.

And then after both of those hurdles of embarrassment are leaped without a thought they decide it's a good idea to upload it to the internet.

:walker-scream:

I really struggle with the fact that anyone could ever think something like this is a good idea.

Then I further struggle with knowing that at no point between the idea and the filming did anyone have second thoughts.

And then after both of those hurdles of embarrassment are leaped without a thought they decide it's a good idea to upload it to the internet.

Unless of course it's a piss-take?

Some people just support football differently (see tragically).

I envy them in some very small way, they are free to express their love for Tottenham free of that overriding concern of "how will this be perceived by opponent fans".

Ultimately why should we give a shit what they think.

Plus we could make a video like this every day for year and still never reach the level of embarrassment that the mob down the road have achieved.

I honestly have no problem with the video. It's something done to make a child feel good, presumably with the knowledge that it's the kind of thing that they'd like.

What I do have an issue with is the leaking/sharing of it online. I can't imagine it was done in good faith, and it opens the people involved up to abuse.

I spend half my day talking garbled nonsense to my little boy, and it'd probably be quite embarrassing if someone filmed it and put it online. Doesn't mean I should feel bad for doing it, and the fact that it involves our football club shouldn't make a difference. It's like taking a father and young child attending a cup match as a fair cross section of a football crowd. Come on.

I honestly have no problem with the video. It's something done to make a child feel good, presumably with the knowledge that it's the kind of thing that they'd like.

What I do have an issue with is the leaking/sharing of it online. I can't imagine it was done in good faith, and it opens the people involved up to abuse.

I spend half my day talking garbled nonsense to my little boy, and it'd probably be quite embarrassing if someone filmed it and put it online. Doesn't mean I should feel bad for doing it, and the fact that it involves our football club shouldn't make a difference. It's like taking a father and young child attending a cup match as a fair cross section of a football crowd. Come on.

yup, very good point we all do silly things to please our kids and make them laugh. Wouldn't want that going out on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom