Fryers turns down mancs and agrees Spurs move

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

henryp0p said:
We need a scout report from a UTD fan, he's an unknown quantity at the moment really.

Has the transfer been finalized yet?

I spoke to a Man U season ticket holder and general know it all on Man U last night.

Said he thought he will do very well for us and that he 'was a natural'

Asking why he chose to leave he said he thinks it was down to money as the Glazers have made a few cuts recently.

Abbey Yid said:
Smoked Salmon said:
Will said:
It's not a transfer as he's out of contract, my understanding is he can sign with us and start training etc but there has to be a tribunal to decide on compensation, he might even be there tomorrow
Compensation for what? This is the bit I don't get and maybe someone can clarify for me. If his contract had ended, and the player has no obligation to extend his contract, then what are United being compensated for? I thought the Bosman ruling allowed players in such a situation to leave on a free?
Players under 24 always have a compensation fee under the Bosman ruling, which is something to do with "development costs" incurred by the club he is signing from.

Basically ensures that the best young talents can't just run their contracts down and move to a bigger club for free. If they were released by the club then I don't think this applies, but pre-contract agreements definitely do.

So I can gather from Football Manager (which is surprisingly right a lot of the time).
Ah. Right.

Thanks for that. :thumbup:

Dru said:
henryp0p said:
We need a scout report from a UTD fan, he's an unknown quantity at the moment really.

Has the transfer been finalized yet?

I spoke to a Man U season ticket holder and general know it all on Man U last night.

Said he thought he will do very well for us and that he 'was a natural'

Asking why he chose to leave he said he thinks it was down to money as the Glazers have made a few cuts recently.

Brilliant, seems like a clever signing then. Looking forward to seeing him in action. Heard that this transfer is basically sorted, announcment due soon-ish i'd expect.

Back
Top Bottom