From a Liverpool Fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've not come here to gloat about the result, I just wanted to say that the travelling Spurs fans who invaded my regular pre-match alehouse were absolutely exceptional company.

The pub I drink in is called The Valley on St. Domingo Road about a mile down the hill from Anfield. It never usually gets visiting fans in for precisely that reason, it's a pain in the arse walking up the hill after a few pre match scoops, most aways prefer the Arkles near the Anfield Road End.

Anyway, they all took the result on the chin, had a good laugh and I hope are still going strong now. The atmosphere before, during and after the game was superb and that's got a lot to do with the Spurs fans I encountered today. They were a credit to THFC.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and if you were in the Valley this afternoon, we'll see you next year.

Daniel.

I've not come here to gloat about the result, I just wanted to say that the travelling Spurs fans who invaded my regular pre-match alehouse were absolutely exceptional company.

The pub I drink in is called The Valley on St. Domingo Road about a mile down the hill from Anfield. It never usually gets visiting fans in for precisely that reason, it's a pain in the arse walking up the hill after a few pre match scoops, most aways prefer the Arkles near the Anfield Road End.

Anyway, they all took the result on the chin, had a good laugh and I hope are still going strong now. The atmosphere before, during and after the game was superb and that's got a lot to do with the Spurs fans I encountered today. They were a credit to THFC.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and if you were in the Valley this afternoon, we'll see you next year.

Daniel.

Greatly appreciated, the only positive from today I can think of.

The dedication of our travelling support is quite simply amazing, no matter what happens on the pitch. COYS

We are where we are, because of who we are! Come on you Toffee's! Do what we are incapable of and fuck them Gooners over for us!

Sad but true! As a club, we could'nt even spell the words effort, bollocks and (board) intelligents!

Daniel.
Top bloke.
:adesalute:

As a Liverpool fan originally from the UK I watched the game and saw the pic on Twitter of the Spurs fan laying flowers outside. The class of Spurs fans can be seen Worldwide.

The team may not of done you proud today but the supporters were certainly class. Wish you like the other Reds in the thread all the best for the rest of the season.

Cheers!

Nice one. And well done for the Darren Alexander banner. Top style.

That banner was brilliant, fair play to the fellow reds that made it and from what I've read on here about him fully deserved. I wish I was as good as Liverpool fan as he was a Spurs fan but I don't think I'll ever come as close.

I hope Liverpool win the league and Everton come 4th.

I also hope you get the justice you deserve at the Hillsborough public inquiry too.

Long awaited.

I'd like Liverpool to win the league this season tbh. I still think City and Chelsea are stronger squads all-round, but Liverpool are playing some lethal attacking football and I really enjoy watching them.

Plus City and Chelsea bought their way to the top of the table anyhow

Daniel.

Good luck for the title, be better you winning it then the money teams. There are good reasons good for a neutral to support Liverpool this season.

1. Gerrard has to get a title before he goes
2. No rich backers buying stupid players for nonsense money
3 The most fun football in the league
4 My mum is a scouser, personal reason but it will cheer her up
5 Show that the PL is an open league and that a team can come out of the blue to grab the title.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi, also a Liverpool fan here and also not here to gloat. Just wanted to say that I understand how spurs fans feel. A few years ago we had Hcks and Gillett as owners, we were in ridiculous debt, team in mid-table obscurity and just a terrible cloud over everything to do with the club - truly heartbreaking for fans. We got spanked 4-0 by spurs who thoroughly deserved it and I remember how it felt at the time to be utterly downtrodden.

That's why I can't gloat when we win by big margins and especially when it's the fans who suffer. It's just the stuff of dreams to be in the position we are now so as one fan to another, I hope spurs can have a turnaround too for the fans' sake. If we've shown one thing it's that even the bleakest times can turn on its head.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom