Foreign Yid Funnies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know that being a Yid in America can have its downsides, but I know that it can have some funny bits too. Why not share your funniest stories about being a Yid outside England (whether you're on a European tour, or, like me, actually live there.) To get us started, just the other week someone asked me what a Tottenham was.

Not so much funny but annoying: Me: "Yeah, I'm gonna watch Spurs on TV today." Idiot who knows I don't like basketball: "Who they playing? Denver? Houston? HURR DURR"

I would very much like to punch everyone who does that.

When in the San Siro for Inter away, I left it to late to get a flight so sat in the home end. We formed a little corner of yids, and when we sang 'your support is fucking shit" a young Inter fan started singing it with us in his funny accent, a bit like any comedian attempting a funny foreign accent on purpose. When Bale scored the 3rd he jumped up from his friends bounced over and we embraced him like our own. I miss the little lad.

When I tell people I'm a spurs fan, they tell me Tim Duncan is getting old. Also, i asked this kid I know who's supposedly an Woolwich supporter what he thought of the NLD. Didn't know what I was talking about.

I normally get comments like: "Tottenham... really? Why? Why not United or Woolwich, they are better!!", then I shoot them in the head with a adjustable spanner canon. Whatever, I'll do whatever I want...

A lot of kids I'm at school with are Woolwich/chelsea/manure fans, and they don't get the concept of tradition. There's one other kid who gets it; he's from Croatia, he won't have a word said against Niko, Luka, or Charlie, and he didn't come into school the day after the 3-0 scum loss either.

The administrative assistant for my department at my previous job is the mother of Ashley Baker, a GK for the English Women's National Team. Apparently, Ashley has a scholarship to play for the women's team at the University of Georgia. Her Mom noticed my Spurs walkout jacket one morning and said, "Spurs? Really?". I asked who she supported and the answer was <ding-ding> you guessed it...Man U. I decided to get a little dig in and said, "So Hope Solo is pretty impressive, eh?" At that time Solo was also the keeper for the Atlanta Beat in the WPS so she was a bit of a local celebrity in addition to her presence on the US team. Mrs. Baker rolled her eyes and told me that Hope couldn't hold a candle to her Ashley.

With all due respect for motherly love and all that -- AHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Back
Top Bottom