For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m frustrated and disappointed by the current state of affairs but I still think he has enough goodwill and credit to be given more time, the end of the season unless things totally fall of the cliff edge before then.

I apologize for what I said, we clearly have a difference of opinion. I can say with certainty Poch is our best option by far at the moment and I think there is a lot to say for the fact the man has earned the patience and respect of the fans. Never in a million years did I think I would see this great club in a Champions League final and for all that glory and now these reactions , it hurts my soul that people can have such little respect for Poch and what he has achieved with the club and the players.

FFS .....No you can't. That's just your opinion. Why do people constantly try to pass off their viewpoint as factual. We also do not know how things would turn out if someone else was appointed, it's just pure speculation so do not try to pretend otherwise.

In my opinion
He's had enough time and the squad is disintegrating in front of our eyes. We need someone to come in with a fresh look at what's happening and shake things up.
Familiarity breeds contempt

He needs time because rebuilding takes time. And the process has already been delayed. Last summer when we didn't get in anyone. We have players who said loud and clear that they want out. Our first team still relies on those players after 2 seasons, can you believe it? We can't and won't replace them in a single transfer window. We have just replaced Dembele with someone who still needs time to adjust to a much more demanding league. Add in the fact that three of our summer signings are out (two injured, another loaned back to a club that doesn't even use him anymore) and there's the result. We're still using the last season's players. The same players that got us in the UCL final yes, but the same players who had an atrocious run of results at the end of the season. I don't know how people expect different results when the players are the same.

Poch needs time. One season, two seasons, we have to stick with him. He needs our support, the fans' support. I don't think another manager can perform significantly better with the crop of players we have now, because the players are not in it with their heart, they are not playing for the badge anymore. You can't recommit a player to a club if his head has been turned.
Ya but we may be 9th on the often heralded 6-week table so clearly let’s chuck out the last 5 years of progress and get super impatient instead.

FFS .....No you can't. That's just your opinion. Why do people constantly try to pass off their viewpoint as factual. We also do not know how things would turn out if someone else was appointed, it's just pure speculation so do not try to pretend otherwise.

In my opinion
He's had enough time and the squad is disintegrating in front of our eyes. We need someone to come in with a fresh look at what's happening and shake things up.
Familiarity breeds contempt

Who?

Always the same answer isn't it. If my car breaks down I know I have a problem, I am not however qualified to say how to fix it. It wouldn't matter who anybody suggested... the 'Keep Poch' fraternity would simply rip the choice to shreds.
I have no idea who the new Messiah should be but I do think the clock is ticking for Poch with the way performances are at the moment. I'm sure Daniel and his board are far better positioned to choose a successor than any of us on here.

Always the same answer isn't it. If my car breaks down I know I have a problem, I am not however qualified to say how to fix it. It wouldn't matter who anybody suggested... the 'Keep Poch' fraternity would simply rip the choice to shreds.
I have no idea who the new Messiah should be but I do think the clock is ticking for Poch with the way performances are at the moment. I'm sure Daniel and his board are far better positioned to choose a successor than any of us on here.

I am sure they are but surely then they are far more qualified to back Poch if this is just a short term issue and if they don’t see anyone of his capability available.

We can all speculate on whether Poch should go then surely not who would replace him even if it’s the boards ultimate decision.

I am sure they are but surely then they are far more qualified to back Poch if this is just a short term issue and if they don’t see anyone of his capability available.

We can all speculate on whether Poch should go then surely not who would replace him even if it’s the boards ultimate decision.
Man Utd lost 2-0 today, OGS is on thin ice, so is Zidane. In my opinion Poch is aware of these situations and Daniel will be making preliminary enquiries, just in case.
The loyalty that is being extended to Poch on here is highly commendable but I question whether it is reciprocated at the moment.

Man Utd lost 2-0 today, OGS is on thin ice, so is Zidane. In my opinion Poch is aware of these situations and Daniel will be making preliminary enquiries, just in case.
The loyalty that is being extended to Poch on here is highly commendable but I question whether it is reciprocated at the moment.
The Zidane thing amuses me. If I were Poch I’d choose United out of the two but both situations are nightmares in their own way. Only clubs that have good alignment throughout the club right now in Europe are City and Liverpool, maybe Inter and Dortmund to an extent.

As for loyalty we shall see. No one is irreplaceable but I have a hard time thinking of someone that I am sure would do better than Poch. I’ve personally been a fan of Allegri since he pulled Poch’s pants down in 2018 at Wembley, but this team and club have Poch’s mentality so engrained that it’s going to be rough anyway we go from here.

He does.

I'm willing to give him until Xmas.

Thoughts being, that if we're still shit at Xmas, that's a whole year of poor performances.

Which is unacceptable, no matter who you are.
This seems fair to me. There were so many mitigating factors last season (stadium, injuries, no new players, World Cup fatigue, etc..) that I consider it in some ways a man-management masterclass by Poch.

However, halfway through the season is enough time for a team of this talent, even if everyone isn’t fully integrated or fit, to be putting in the performances it should be. Frankly our schedule the first half of the year is rough, but we are (allegedly) the third best team in England.

Do you look at the situation at Woolwich and think 'I want some of that' ? They have been a shambles since Wenger left

They finished one place behind us, also got to a European final and took 4/6 points of us last season and outplayed this season (and are above us). If they are the "shambles" model, you can see why some don't entirely trust Poch who's had 5 years to reach a similar state.

Last edited:
Posted on another thread.

Poch Current Form.
36 games, 16 wins, 5 draws, 15 losses.

That's shockingly poor for a team with top 4 aspirations let alone challenging for titles.

You can spin it all you want but a lot of responsibility rests with Poch. Losing almost half your games for this long a period is unacceptable and we have become a soft team that is easy to beat

Back
Top Bottom