Football or THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"This poll will close on 13 Aug 2022 at 4:51 PM."

dude-wtf.jpg

that's really specific!

How comes?
I think that you showed a bit of a drift of opinion over time.

That is, I find the "modern football is the worst, and so obviously I only care about Spurs" mentality I've seen in a lot of posts here (not yours) marks the question as specifically historically determined.

Back when you cared about the FA Cup final, etc., Spurs may have been still more important, but the gap wasn't as large.

I think that you showed a bit of a drift of opinion over time.

That is, I find the "modern football is the worst, and so obviously I only care about Spurs" mentality I've seen in a lot of posts here (not yours) marks the question as specifically historically determined.

Back when you cared about the FA Cup final, etc., Spurs may have been still more important, but the gap wasn't as large.
id agree with that

i must admit i have fallen out of love with football in general a bit, still love spurs and watch/support them till i die but football as a whole has change so much from when i was young. i would watch any game on tv be it league or europe but now......and i know its a cliché but its just about money now fans arnt respected and made to feel part of there club anymore. big reason why i love the idea of 1882 almost like going to a game and belonging, all there for the love of your team and fuck the corporate shit

and before anyone moans at me yes i understand this is how football is going now and i either go along with it or follow rugby .today unless your in the champions league you dont get the players, money or the kudos its top 4 or bust even winning a cup is seen as a poor season

I wouldn't watch the CL final if it was in my back garden. I might have a butchers at the WAGS & that would be the extent of it. The CL & TV have turned the sport i used to love into nothing more than a money generating business where fans are seen merely as a revenue stream & not as its lifeblood. It is Sky/BT subscribers that 'love football' more than a specific club which is why we have to tolerate shit kick off times which are changed at the drop of a hat - its all about the football loving armchair 'fans'.
Just a few of the reasons why i will always love THFC more than football.
So I should deprive myself of watching the best players and the most engaging football because 'modern football' is evil? Honestly, I don't give a shit about modern football or the so called good old days of football, it's all the same to me, the most important thing is that I know what I enjoy and I watch football entirely for my own enjoyment, not to make a statement for some greater cause or because I think my club and I are better than others, and all without paying a penny to Sky or BT. I leave the holier-than-thou attitude to others.

So I should deprive myself of watching the best players and the most engaging football because 'modern football' is evil? Honestly, I don't give a shit about modern football or the so called good old days of football, it's all the same to me, the most important thing is that I know what I enjoy and I watch football entirely for my own enjoyment, not to make a statement for some greater cause or because I think my club and I are better than others, and all without paying a penny to Sky or BT. I leave the holier-than-thou attitude to others.

You are my hero.

Well explain how it works then, unless you pick your team when you are a kid through peer/parental influence i cant see any other way it would come about especially at an older age.

If you sprout your first pubic hair and still don't have a team then you really shouldnt be allowed full stop.
I just think it's very naive to have the opinion that if they don't have a team by the time they are 7/8, that they're not a big fan. What if their parents weren't big football people, and they never pushed them towards supporting a certain team?

i would say that i am a tottenham fan, watching another team is sometimes ok for me but i usually dont feel that excited for any games except for spurs

but i do love football (as a game to play) and it is a big part of my life, and if i had to choose one or the other i would go with football

There is nothing sad about loving football in and of itself without the need for tribalism of fandom. I personally can't fathom how anyone who likes football wouldn't get excited for something like the CL final or the WC regardless of the teams involved.
The CL is normally a dull affair, I don't even bother to watch. I believe there is too much live football . Less was more? Any excitement i used to get with the opportunity to watch world famous players., in the European Cup has all gone. There is no mystery anymore. The same with the world cup although, I can still get excited when it comes round.

The CL is normally a dull affair, I don't even bother to watch. I believe there is too much live football . Less was more? Any excitement i used to get with the opportunity to watch world famous players., in the European Cup has all gone. There is no mystery anymore. The same with the world cup although, I can still get excited when it comes round.
I can understand that sentiment, but I personally watch a lot of football and can still find plenty of joy in it.

It depends what you mean really. I'm addicted to Tottenham, don't really care about watching other football live... but I've enjoyed playing football more this season than watching the decisions made at THFC.

I can understand that sentiment, but I personally watch a lot of football and can still find plenty of joy in it.
I can only watch football, with passion running through me - i'm very competitive. So the only time I can get excited is when I want a team to win against the scum or Chelsea for example… I can't watch with any interest unless I'm backing a team. The big spanish or Italian sides bore me unless they are playing the teams I dislike.

Back
Top Bottom