Fixtures announcement for 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always get slightly excited for this day even though season doesn't start for another 2 months. No doubt the PL will give us another away game first, whilst Chelsea, Woolwich, United and Liverpool all get winnable home fixtures. Seems the same every year.

Huddersfield at home would be my choice - try and the lift the Wembley hoodoo early.

Always get slightly excited for this day even though season doesn't start for another 2 months. No doubt the PL will give us another away game first, whilst Chelsea, Woolwich, United and Liverpool all get winnable home fixtures. Seems the same every year.

Huddersfield at home would be my choice - try and the lift the Wembley hoodoo early.

No! No games that should be a certain three pointer early in the season. In the first weeks, before things have settled and teams have found their shapes, results are more random than later in the season. I hope we start with away games against City, United, Woolwich, Liverpool and Chelsea in the first five games.

Hope our first few home games are gentle - not one of the weak teams that will treat it as a cup final and not one of the other top 4/5. We need to get some confidence going early on.

Someone like Southampton would probably be good.

As I'm quite into maths I thought I'd try to form a mathematical equation based on 50 years previous teams drawn & probability

My workings out led me to the surprising answer of Daryl Hall & John Oates

I don't think it particularly matters who we get our opening game, especially if it's at Wembley.

The opposing team are going to be so up for it with it being at Wembley and an opportunity to start their season off at a "historic" venue.

Especially a newly promoted side. I'd much prefer shit like West Ham, so we can ruin their season.

In case no one else has mentioned it yet, in the 25 seasons of the Premier League, we've been away from home on the first day 19 times and at home on only 6 occasions, and Woolwich have therefore been at home on 19 occasions.

I wonder what sort of deal Woolwich did to get that blatant bias?

In case no one else has mentioned it yet, in the 25 seasons of the Premier League, we've been away from home on the first day 19 times and at home on only 6 occasions, and Woolwich have therefore been at home on 19 occasions.

I wonder what sort of deal Woolwich did to get that blatant bias?
Ask Dein and Scidamore

Back
Top Bottom