Financial report

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sibs...brilliant piece on last Podcast.

Finances. I wouldn't place anything into rise and fall of the stock. So few trades are made that the only trade of the day (mine) shows the stock going up 33% on the stock tickers.

Paying for the stock has value for me simply for the story and as a way to support the club.

As I understand ENIC holds more then 75% of the club, which is what is required to make to make major operating changes (such as taking the club private). Levy has made the announcement as a courtesy so that investors can divest themselves of stock while the shares are still liquid. If you hold shares after the club de-lists, you will still own your percentage of the club...but, the ability to sell at the point is limited to individual and privately arranged transactions. So if you have less then say $10,000 shares it is unlikely to be profitable to sell. If you are invested for finances, you better get out...if you are invested emotionally, then prepare to own for the rest of your life.

I am interested in getting some sort of official club documentation of my shares. Basically, I want to frame a stock certificate. Any ideas out there? I bought on an online brokerage and they will not provide stock certificates.

A printer and powerpoint / photoshop?

If you're in dallas (as your name suggests) no other fucker is gong to be able to tell the difference one way or the other from the genuine article. Make it up frame, job done!

DallasSpur said:
Sibs...brilliant piece on last Podcast.

Finances. I wouldn't place anything into rise and fall of the stock. So few trades are made that the only trade of the day (mine) shows the stock going up 33% on the stock tickers.

Paying for the stock has value for me simply for the story and as a way to support the club.

As I understand ENIC holds more then 75% of the club, which is what is required to make to make major operating changes (such as taking the club private). Levy has made the announcement as a courtesy so that investors can divest themselves of stock while the shares are still liquid. If you hold shares after the club de-lists, you will still own your percentage of the club...but, the ability to sell at the point is limited to individual and privately arranged transactions. So if you have less then say $10,000 shares it is unlikely to be profitable to sell. If you are invested for finances, you better get out...if you are invested emotionally, then prepare to own for the rest of your life.

I am interested in getting some sort of official club documentation of my shares. Basically, I want to frame a stock certificate. Any ideas out there? I bought on an online brokerage and they will not provide stock certificates.

Thanks.

If I can find my certificate I'll scan it and photoshop out my details and send it to you. Probably illegal, but hey.

My certificate is from the early 2000's and has the old club badge

Love it, love it even more that Citeh lost 200 million.

Why "fans" embrace owners whose actions would unambiguously lead to the club's financial insolvency and default were those owners to sell the team is beyond me. It's so short sighted that it's insulting.

Fuck 'em.

Suburb of Dallas...you have at least got a clue where I am if I attach my name to the nearest large city.

Tricky, I am sure you are right about nobody knowing the difference around here. If I said come on you Spurs they locals would think San Antonio basketball. I would know the difference, though.

Sibs, if you get time to scan, I would appreciate it. Somehow seems a bit closer to the real thing if I can't convince the club to do something official.

Back
Top Bottom