Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm expecting the opposite and that this will mentally scar them, because we are Tottenham, we can only take a negative from a negative. .
mathematically a double negative is a positive.

When will you be booking into dignitas by the way? Your life must be so full of misery and despair to post in the way you do.

How funny is it that people get upset with me - because my way of dealing with the tragic manner in which our season ended - is to find the good in the season, and not dwell of the minority of times we screwed things up.

Or being comfortable in the notion that it wasn't how the players or club wanted things to go either.

Plus an ability to laugh at the joy other fans have in schadenfreude.
Some people revel in their own grief.
Each to their own

My mate just showed me an article in The Sun (I know I know) today by Ian Wright.

Sorry I cannot post it. Shit at techno stuff. But it is a really good article in our favour.

Have a read if you can. Someone more technical than me may like to post it.

Having calmed down a little since Sunday, there were 3 main talking points I think

1- that first half. It was as poor as I've seen Spurs for a very long time

2- their penalty at 2-1. We had them down to 10 men, were beginning to take shape, & the ref falls for the most blatant dive. I still think we would have got the point we needed had that not been given.

3- going 3 at the back to try & claw it back. It was a crazy move. It's as though 4-4-2 isn't allowed any more under any circumstances. Not keeping a back four left us open to Benitez's counter attacking set up.

But overall, once we went 3-1 down, it was desperate & always likely to end in a hammering because we had to go for goals & quickly. It's just a shame that the players didn't go out in the first half & put on a performance.

I've felt pretty disgruntled since Sunday evening, but the hangover is fading now. Time to look forward to the summer. And then we go again, hopefully with a stronger attitude, more experience & a few new players to offer legitimate competition in areas where we are lacking or have none.

How funny is it that people get upset with me - because my way of dealing with the tragic manner in which our season ended - is to find the good in the season, and not dwell of the minority of times we screwed things up.

Or being comfortable in the notion that it wasn't how the players or club wanted things to go either.

Plus an ability to laugh at the joy other fans have in schadenfreude.
Some people revel in their own grief.
Each to their own

What is funnier is how you think we don't see the bright side, arent proper supporters and there is something wrong with us simply because we gave an opinion on something, which the likes of Kane, poch also came our and apologised for. I'd have been happier to watch us go and kick 7 shits out of the opposition in the last two games like at Chelsea. Least there was passion. There was none so hence fans voice their opinion on just that one topic. Not the whole season, just two games. Is that OK?

What is funnier is how you think we don't see the bright side, arent proper supporters and there is something wrong with us simply because we gave an opinion on something, which the likes of Kane, poch also came our and apologised for. I'd have been happier to watch us go and kick 7 shits out of the opposition in the last two games like at Chelsea. Least there was passion. There was none so hence fans voice their opinion on just that one topic. Not the whole season, just two games. Is that OK?
I thought you didn't want to talk anymore?
have you got a crush on me?

Having calmed down a little since Sunday, there were 3 main talking points I think

1- that first half. It was as poor as I've seen Spurs for a very long time

2- their penalty at 2-1. We had them down to 10 men, were beginning to take shape, & the ref falls for the most blatant dive. I still think we would have got the point we needed had that not been given.

3- going 3 at the back to try & claw it back. It was a crazy move. It's as though 4-4-2 isn't allowed any more under any circumstances. Not keeping a back four left us open to Benitez's counter attacking set up.

But overall, once we went 3-1 down, it was desperate & always likely to end in a hammering because we had to go for goals & quickly. It's just a shame that the players didn't go out in the first half & put on a performance.

I've felt pretty disgruntled since Sunday evening, but the hangover is fading now. Time to look forward to the summer. And then we go again, hopefully with a stronger attitude, more experience & a few new players to offer legitimate competition in areas where we are lacking or have none.
I think the new players are reasonably evident

Seeing as how we fell apart sans Alli and Dembele

Dier and Mason just don't work

We need to upgrade Chadli and Son as well IMV

I hope your gruntle is on the mend..........

I think the new players are reasonably evident

Seeing as how we fell apart sans Alli and Dembele

Dier and Mason just don't work

We need to upgrade Chadli and Son as well IMV

I hope your gruntle is on the mend..........
But Mason & Bentaleb did quite well last year. Strange how Dier & Mason look so poor together.

If the rumours are true that Nabil has got his shit together, then thats great. What we need is players who can slot in seamlessly rather than looking like square pegs in round holes. As much as I like Mason, that's exactly how he looked alongside Dier & the effect was Dier's game also suffered.
Bentaleb firing again on all cylinders as direct competition for Dembele or Dier would be excellent news indeed.
I'm already getting excited for next season now!

Back
Top Bottom