Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"he's one of our own" means nothing when his inclusion in the X1 practically destroys our rhythm and leaves us open every single time. Of course there's other factors why we lost but i'm of the opinion we have already lose half the battle when he starts due to his deficiencies.
Poch is brilliant but why he decided to drop Benteleb after 1 bad game after his return yet continuously giving Mason chance after chance despite being ridiculously poor is mind blowing.

I specifically said that there's a case for discussing Mason and his place in the side and even the squad. That wasn't my point. Not that I'm surprised that you understood nothing of my post.

Rather my point was that no matter what anyone of us thinks about him right now, making him a scape goat in turning the selection for Newcastle primarily about not selecting Mason, is way out of line. Someone who's, in spite of your off topic arguments, one of our own and has given his all every time, he's taken the pitch, deserves more respect than that.

If you feel a certain way about Mason's performances that's fine and all, but in a season where (to varying degrees) homegrown players with heart and attitude has gotten us where we are, those players deserve imho to be discussed with some respect, even when the opinion happens to be negative.

Leave that simplistic scape goating to the Adebayor's of this world!

"he's one of our own" means nothing when his inclusion in the X1 practically destroys our rhythm and leaves us open every single time. Of course there's other factors why we lost but i'm of the opinion we have already lose half the battle when he starts due to his deficiencies.
Poch is brilliant but why he decided to drop Benteleb after 1 bad game after his return yet continuously giving Mason chance after chance despite being ridiculously poor is mind blowing.
It's not mind blowing if the reason is Bentaleb is a jumped up stroppy little cunt which I'm getting the strong feeling that he might be.

Not to mention he became a serial offender of dwelling on the ball and either getting dispossessed or make wayward no look passes in front of our back 4 and putting opposition attackers through on goal.

He undoubtedly has more natural ability than Mason but his attitude and application is massively under scrutiny and Mason deserves a lot more support than people saying he's shit or not good enough for us.

As for Mason, give him a fucking break, not because he's one of our own, but because last season he proved that he is more than capable of playing very well in the middle of the pitch, ......

I thought I saw every minute of every game last season. Somehow I missed him proving this, perhaps I popped out for a pee.

I specifically said that there's a case for discussing Mason and his place in the side and even the squad. That wasn't my point. Not that I'm surprised that you understood nothing of my post.

Rather my point was that no matter what anyone of us thinks about him right now, making him a scape goat in turning the selection for Newcastle primarily about not selecting Mason, is way out of line. Someone who's, in spite of your off topic arguments, one of our own and has given his all every time, he's taken the pitch, deserves more respect than that.

If you feel a certain way about Mason's performances that's fine and all, but in a season where (to varying degrees) homegrown players with heart and attitude has gotten us where we are, those players deserve imho to be discussed with some respect, even when the opinion happens to be negative.

Leave that simplistic scape goating to the Adebayor's of this world!
Great post. This is a lad that was the heart of our side last season.

He may well have fallen behind as we've surged forward this season but he deserves more respect than people saying he's shit now and scapegoating him every time he sets foot on the pitch.

I thought I saw every minute of every game last season. Somehow I missed him proving this, perhaps I popped out for a pee.

Finished fifth with Mason and Bentaleb in midfield for the majority of the season, now fuck off you self righteous toss pot. I'm glad you don't speak often because if criticizing one of our most loyal and hard working players is all you have to do I have no fucking interest in your opinion.

You're probably the same sort of Twat who was screaming for Lamela's head before he finally got going.

why the fuck have we done this again?. This is full blown spuryness. Someone call the fucking paramedics to fence of hotspur way so we can contain it. If we have more than one game to go we would have blown top 4 certainly. Poch needs to pull his head out his arse and tell them they CANNOT lose. Much less to a team that cant score against aston villa.I don't give a shit it newcastle are playing for survival, the difference in qualify is massive. They need to put a shift in.

If we have more than one game to go we would have blown top 4 certainly.

b6324d6ce1983fb7201e565f67690b80.jpg

Or something that makes me sound less like a hippie :llorisserious:

Great post. This is a lad that was the heart of our side last season.

He may well have fallen behind as we've surged forward this season but he deserves more respect than people saying he's shit now and scapegoating him every time he sets foot on the pitch.
I don't think it's scapegoating though to call things, as you see them.

He was very very poor yesterday and was all over the place in both ends of the pitch.

He was very very poor yesterday and was all over the place in both ends of the pitch.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
Pretty much all of the players were poor tho.
Lloris had a shocker. Kane was making unusually bad decisions. Toby looked confused or out of position.
Only players that seemed to really be trying was Son and Lamela.

Fuck knows what happened. The belief and team ethic seemed to completely desert us.

To put the failure of the team on 1 players shoulders is scapegoating. Same shit the cunts in the media do every time England fail at a tournament.

I find it disgusting that some folks on here (not directed at you NorseYid) think that its acceptable to cunt off a player that has been a major part of the team last year (and the first few games this year), got injured and has hardly played.

And now it seems that Bentelab is the fucking messiah and will save us all. Failing that we should move a CB into midfield for the last game of the season!?!? WTF!!!

Back
Top Bottom