Filip Lesniak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cant see Onomah making it through the summer with us Im afraid.

There was a time when Poch played him and he was on the bench every week. I think he's flunked his lines...if Tommy Carroll was deemed surplus in the end, I cant see it for Josh. Its not like he hasnt been given a shot.
surely he'll be loaned out. He must be great in training because I've seen nothing over the past 2 years when he's played to suggest he'll come good.

If we sell him now, his value must be low. Surely best to loan out now to get 1st team experience - he'll either do well enough to get back into the 1st team squad and play well, or at least increase his value to us (and to him as more and better teams would be interested).

He's playing against the argies in the under 20s world cup in the Dembele role. Not his best performance so far. Positioning is shite and has no workrate to speak of.
He didnt even get a mention in this report that was in the Graun:

Solanke helps get England off to a flyer against Argentina in U-20 World Cup

KWP didnt get off the bench.

One Gooner; One Manure; no Citeh.

A lot of Evertonians, theyve really got their act together in every way the last 4-5 years or so. Great stuff.

Shed load of Chavs who will never play for the club. What is the point of them or Citeh even having a youth team?

I think that "star" Loftus-Cheek is going out on loan, so that's his Chav "career" over.

Great that the headline and photo was Solanke, who scored a last min pen in a 3-0 win, hardly got a mention otherwise. Ought to go in the Media Bias thread.

Contract was up.
Not particularly rated highly.
On the bench due to international duty and injuries.
Would be 10th choice central midfielder going into next season as it stood.
He's 21.

Take your pick.

He's got to think of his career too.

I can think of 5 inc Onomah (who we typically don't play there)... Sissoko & Bentaleb good as gone.... Where do you get 10 from?

I can think of 5 inc Onomah (who we typically don't play there)... Sissoko & Bentaleb good as gone.... Where do you get 10 from?

Probably more an exaggeration to make a point. Though I imagine the following would probably play over him in league games in central midfield if worst came to worst.

Wanyama, Dembele, Winks, Dier, Alli, Onomah, Eriksen.

Not to mention any central midfielders we may end up signing in the summer. Meyer for example, who we are linked with, capable of playing there.

not too fussed. Good luck to him, perhaps the plan in for another decent Midfielder to be bought in and what's the point of paying wages on a young lad that wont get a look in. Good on Spurs for letting him ply his trade somewhere else.

All the best too him, he must have put effort in training to even get on the pitch for us, good thing is he has an assist in his 1 appearance for a side that finished 2nd in the league, he can use that to get a very good career

Contract was up.
Not particularly rated highly.
On the bench due to international duty and injuries.
Would be 10th choice central midfielder going into next season as it stood.
He's 21.

Take your pick.

He's got to think of his career too.

A shame though, as he looked promising, and as I found it particularly pleasing to see him in a PL game IRL as I had just a couple of weeks prior to that acquired him for a game of FM where I was managing Coventry :p

Based on his few minutes and his release I can't help but think how important luck is for a football career. Had there been more injuries and more unimportant games he might have had more time to show what he can do, and he could've quickly become a £10m player in todays market. Such a pricing would've ensured chances to prove his worth in the next club.

Now, as one of many released players, who knows...

Maybe his inclusion against Leicester 'Fairytale' City was simply a 'nice gesture' from Poch... knowing he'd be off, but giving him at least one first team appearance before he left?

Apart from setting up Kan'es hat-trick goal, I guess he'll be most remembered for being a Lesbian on auto-correct, and that stare on the Leicester post match dressing-room team selfie!

Back
Top Bottom