Filip Lesniak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's pretty unlikely. Reading what those who follow the youth players on various forums say, he's not that highly rated and got his chance because the Winks injury has left us short in midfield and Dembele's struggling to play for 90 minutes. The other youth player that was on the bench, Shashoua, is more highly rated.

But you never can tell who's gonna make it. The hyped ones often disappear down the leagues and others come from nowhere to become first teamers.

Those who follow the youth players on various forums also said that Kane would never make it...

Before anyone uses this to troll... It's sadly not correct. Wilshere has 2 assists- according to whoscored.com
Shame cos I was about to go and post it on his Twitter, the little cube headed twat.
Damn, I only put it cos I already saw loads of trolls on Twitter put it.

I think it's pretty unlikely. Reading what those who follow the youth players on various forums say, he's not that highly rated and got his chance because the Winks injury has left us short in midfield and Dembele's struggling to play for 90 minutes. The other youth player that was on the bench, Shashoua, is more highly rated.

But you never can tell who's gonna make it. The hyped ones often disappear down the leagues and others come from nowhere to become first teamers.
Whisper it... but there was a time - not so long ago - where a certain Harry Kane wasn't that highly rated either...
Loan after loan after loan coulda been the beginning of the end for his Spurs career...
Instead, IT WAS THE MAKING OF HIM!

Just goes to show, you never can tell!

Winks aside, (who has pretty much broken through, barring the injury) looking at the likes of Walker-Peters, Harrison, Amos, Will Miller, Lesniak, Shashoua, Edwards... some will, and some won't make it at Spurs long term. That's just the nature of the beast. It's not for us to pile the pressure on any individual (Edwards) just 'cos he shows flashes of brilliance at Youth level... Youth team level and First team level are two very different things. Just ask Josh Onomah & Nathan Oduwa!

But at least we're the type of club who will give some, if not most of them a chance to prove themselves...

Just as Lesniak came on the bloke who I was sitting next to turned around to me and said

"Lesniak? Never heard of him....has he only got one bollock?"

We both proceeded to piss ourselves for a few minutes....

10 odd mins later he turns to me again...

"That Lesniak is really composed on the ball....for somebody with 1 bollock!"

Seriously though, the kid was quality, looked really cool, calm and tidy on the ball.

I think the difference is often mental. It's a question of confidence at that level. All the players in the Spurs reserves and youth will be of a high quality. It comes down to how they act under the spotlight.

Onomah was highly rated, but as soon as I watched him in the first team I could see he was too timid and unsure of himself. He might be a great talent, but until he believes that and treats the first team occasion with contempt we won't see it.

I think the difference is often mental. It's a question of confidence at that level. All the players in the Spurs reserves and youth will be of a high quality. It comes down to how they act under the spotlight.

Onomah was highly rated, but as soon as I watched him in the first team I could see he was too timid and unsure of himself. He might be a great talent, but until he believes that and treats the first team occasion with contempt we won't see it.

My feeling with Onomah is that he physically was able to dominate at youth level so looked better than he actually was. I have a theory that afro-carribbean kids reach physical maturity earlier and stand out at youth level and, indeed, youth teams often have proportionally more afro-carribbean kids but the the white, mixed race and other ethnic groups eventually catch up and in the end it's all about talent, aside from physicality, be they black, white or whatever.

My feeling with Onomah is that he physically was able to dominate at youth level so looked better than he actually was. I have a theory that afro-carribbean kids reach physical maturity earlier and stand out at youth level and, indeed, youth teams often have proportionally more afro-carribbean kids but the the white, mixed race and other ethnic groups eventually catch up and in the end it's all about talent, aside from physicality, be they black, white or whatever.
Specifically Afro-Caribbean? That's a new slant on casual.

Specifically Afro-Caribbean? That's a new slant on casual.

Casual political correctness?

Just making an observation, and research has backed it up:

It DOES matter if you're black or white: Controversial research claims black people age more quickly | Daily Mail Online

There may be evolutionary reasons why it's the case. I.E. More predators in sub Saharan Africa, meaning children had to reach maturity quicker. Or it could be the influence of the slave trade of the genetic make up of Afro Carribean people. Are you gonna accuse Michael Johnson of casual racism for suggesting the slave trade is responsible for people with slave ancesty being better sprinters?

I think Onomah needs to go on loan to a championship club, get kicked a ton, toughen up, and should be much better for it.

Casual political correctness?

Just making an observation, and research has backed it up:

It DOES matter if you're black or white: Controversial research claims black people age more quickly | Daily Mail Online

There may be evolutionary reasons why it's the case. I.E. More predators in sub Saharan Africa, meaning children had to reach maturity quicker. Or it could be the influence of the slave trade of the genetic make up of Afro Carribean people. Are you gonna accuse Michael Johnson of casual racism for suggesting the slave trade is responsible for people with slave ancesty being better sprinters?
Josh Onomah is not Afro-Caribbean

Cant see Onomah making it through the summer with us Im afraid.

There was a time when Poch played him and he was on the bench every week. I think he's flunked his lines...if Tommy Carroll was deemed surplus in the end, I cant see it for Josh. Its not like he hasnt been given a shot.

Back
Top Bottom