FIFA new Club World Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't this just FIFA pretty much repeating the 'European Super League' - albeit its not replacing Champions League, but so many bad features, not the least of which is more money going to FIFA to hand out as bribes/favours etc

12 places out of 32 for european clubs - grossly under-represents the clubs in europe

Another competition to add to the calendar.

Football is getting to the point with me like cricket is.

There is so much of it on now it's lost the true meaning of being 'competitive'. It's just getting boring and all about money.

Isn't this just FIFA pretty much repeating the 'European Super League' - albeit its not replacing Champions League, but so many bad features, not the least of which is more money going to FIFA to hand out as bribes/favours etc

12 places out of 32 for european clubs - grossly under-represents the clubs in europe

Find it hard to get too bothered by this tbh.....

WCC is a load of fluff anyway....... The extra games risk dragging everything else down further though.

Another competition to add to the calendar.

Football is getting to the point with me like cricket is.

There is so much of it on now it's lost the true meaning of being 'competitive'. It's just getting boring and all about money.

I can't help but think that the biggest indictment here is actually the lack of responses in this thread. It really does showcase the level of apathy at the powers that be in modern football, if people can't be arsed. And let's be honest, when people can't be arsed somewhere with people who do really, really, really like a good ol' bitch and moan session :contesmell:

I can't help but think that the biggest indictment here is actually the lack of responses in this thread. It really does showcase the level of apathy at the powers that be in modern football, if people can't be arsed. And let's be honest, when people can't be arsed somewhere with people who do really, really, really like a good ol' bitch and moan session :contesmell:
Once it happens, and there are games involving spurs vs Madrid and Barcelona and what not, we will start caring.

It's fifa trying to grab some money from Ueffa. European clubs voted against it, would love it if they gave it the respect it deserves and put out a b team or the kids.

Once it happens, and there are games involving spurs vs Madrid and Barcelona and what not, we will start caring.

Well no-one wants to see their team lose on any occasion.... Would prefer the games to not exist though.... (Or maybe conduct it as a pre-season tourney, but that's never gonna capture the required spotlight for FIFAs liking)

I'm guessing with just 12 teams from Europe our accumulative coefficient wouldn't see us qualify anyway.

Back
Top Bottom