Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son or even Moura as a false 9

Kane was injured last season - Llorente contributed virtually nothing. He's too old to be an impact player from the bench

I think you're confused.

You as a poster contribute virtually nothing. Llorente scored a goal that got us to a Champions League semi final.

Im surprised you didn't realise.

Last season 35 appearances (maybe a dozen starts ?) across all competitions from which he scored 8 goals.

This season we have Kane as striker plus as AM's we have Dele, Son, Moura, Lamela, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Eriksen (7 of them, arguably for 3 positions - although Lo Celso can be deployed as a CM and Sessegnon as LB as we have a flexible squad), which means it should be relatively easy to switch Son or Moura to striker if Kane is injured. Plus I'm hoping/expecting to see Parrott get maybe 6 - 10 sub appearances. And that excludes N'Koudou.

Atm, Poch may take the view there is no point in having Llorente, wonder if his views change if Eriksen leaves this month ? Might still think we have enough cover ?

Last edited:
I have googled it but no answers. What are the dates that the EPL and ECL squads have to be officially finalised?

If you are asking about Llorente, as a free agent I think he can join the squad at any time - provided we have free overseas places.

PL squad has been finalised, but we do have a free overseas space. CL squad I think will be finalised about 2 September as UEFA will be driven by European TW 's, so we should know before the squad is finalised whether to include the likes of N'koudou which would take up an overseas space or not, and if Eriksen leaves whether we want to replace him with Llorente. Don't think its a problem atm.

I'm sure some people on here have forgotten that football is a team sport. There are times where the facts and stats are irrelevant as the impact a player has on a game can be in what they do for their team mates. Holding the ball, find the right pass, pulling defenders out of position, etc.

Personally I really like Fernando and I'd be happy if he stays as I think he's been a great backup to Kane and still has something to offer. Not many players would be happy spending so much time sitting on the bench then get stuck in as he does.
But equally if he goes that's fine too, we have other options.

I'm sure some people on here have forgotten that football is a team sport. There are times where the facts and stats are irrelevant as the impact a player has on a game can be in what they do for their team mates. Holding the ball, find the right pass, pulling defenders out of position, etc.

Personally I really like Fernando and I'd be happy if he stays as I think he's been a great backup to Kane and still has something to offer. Not many players would be happy spending so much time sitting on the bench then get stuck in as he does.
We could do worse with him as back up.Not a bedding period for a start

Last edited:
S

Pot on

Back
Top Bottom