Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is not a champion but it is the prototype of the "useful" player: grande Fernando

I report a question of the long interview of the Gazzetta dello Sport (Tuesday, February 12) made in Paratici, the chief sports area of Juventus: LLorente at Juventus he left an excellent memory.

Instead there is an assignment that he would not have done? "Affectively Llorente and Matri. Matri is a polite, sweet boy. Llorente the same. I'm the kind of player who, when you have to sell it, nobody wants to go and tell him. "

telegraph14.jpg

Last edited:
If the renaissance of Llorente and Sissoko (and maybe include Lamela in the equation) has taught our supporters anything, it's to get off the players' backs. Any players. All players. Even if a particular individual is having a poor game or run of matches, give him, and the ten others, 100% backing. When Poch puts out a team, he has total confidence in those guys to do a job, and if he continues to play someone that some fans consider to be poor/out of form, then we need to show the same faith. I'm totally baffled as to how some of our supporters consider it helpful in any way to swear, boo, hurl abuse or belittle in any way, one of our squad. It is telling that after impressive performances an/or goals by one of the oft criticised players other team mates are quoted as saying how pleased they are for the guy and how they're a good guy and that they are an important part of the squad. The confidence is boosted (aided by vocal backing from the fans) and the next minute you have a reborn Moussa or Fernando.

Llorente, Kane, and Sonny are all different style. Poch likes having that option. Llorente was just on the bench for too long and lost his touch. I'm glad now that he seems to be regaining his touch and confidence with it.

He is slow but has very good techniques. (Don't blame him cause of the age)

He is the perfect backup.

I'd definitely offer Nando an extra year. If he's keen I think he's done more than enough to show all he needed was a little spell to get the wind into his sails.

Great target man, decent hold up play, nice technique and has genuine pedigree. Very few players in world football that tick all those boxes who'd be happy being on the bench

Really hope Llorente extends.

And more than that, I hope Poch shows him some love even after Harry comes back for fuck sake.

He’s shown he could score throughout his career, he’s capable of producing when he’s given a chance and we play to his stregths.

Really wish he stays and he’s given game time, he’s too experienced to be ditched.

IF he stays, then I hope the gaffa resolves to afford him a run out every time a game is considered 'in the bag'...

Keep him limbered and (as proven recently) he's far more useful to us.

I know we've not been so dominant performance wise this season, but last year we clearly could have done a lot more to prevent him gathering 'rust'.

Wouldn't mind seeing Kane play off of Llorente.

We all know how good Kane is creatively.

RM away proved it could be a nice combo for tough away games....

The 'out-ball'... Then there's the 'out-out-ball' >>> Ultra hold-up. :baletroll:

That Kane back up we been searching "Kane Lite" doesn't exist.
Extend this mans contract

I report a question of the long interview of the Gazzetta dello Sport (Tuesday, February 12) made in Paratici, the chief sports area of Juventus: LLorente at Juventus he left an excellent memory.

Instead there is an assignment that he would not have done? "Affectively Llorente and Matri. Matri is a polite, sweet boy. Llorente the same. I'm the kind of player who, when you have to sell it, nobody wants to go and tell him. "

telegraph14.jpg
Proper fuckin' headline.

The incredible stats which show how valuable Llorente has been to Spurs - Planet Football

Lamela, Sissoko, Llorente

its becoming impossible to know whos next, which makes this so much more enjoyable....write our players off at your own peril it seems. Llorentes contribution has been remarkable, and I hope an eye opener for Poch too.

Use the fringe players, not only in times of desperation, but integrate them, as he did with Lamela and Sissoko...who knows what Janssen or Nkoudou could become, or our kids.

Fair play to Totti Totti he was absolutely spot on about us not missing Kane, and despite his age, Im more than happy for Llorente to stay on at the club. Winner.

The incredible stats which show how valuable Llorente has been to Spurs - Planet Football

Lamela, Sissoko, Llorente

its becoming impossible to know whos next, which makes this so much more enjoyable....write our players off at your own peril it seems. Llorentes contribution has been remarkable, and I hope an eye opener for Poch too.

Use the fringe players, not only in times of desperation, but integrate them, as he did with Lamela and Sissoko...who knows what Janssen or Nkoudou could become, or our kids.

Fair play to Totti Totti he was absolutely spot on about us not missing Kane, and despite his age, Im more than happy for Llorente to stay on at the club. Winner.

I'd like to think he'll learn from this... That he fucked up not keeping certain players' game-time ticking over...

Serge is next I reckon. :pochsmirk:

Oh... And bring back Stambouli! :allitongue:

'd like to think he'll learn from this... That he fucked up not keeping certain players' game-time ticking over...

Serge is next I reckon

100%
Some of us were screaming out for Llorente to be used when Kane was rushed back from injuries and went off the boil. Others said he could never be dropped.

At least we now know that there is ALWAYS room for a competent back up striker, despite having the top striker in the PL.

Back
Top Bottom