Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too beautiful not to.

4904003804f3ca6b41787c3bd9f71f99.jpg

The way we played on Sunday he would have been ideal to come on on 70mins. We went long lobbing balls into the box where we had no more than 2 or 3 forwards marked by 7 Burnley players + the 'keeper. Kane isn't the towering header of the ball getting above big CB's.

He's no a presser, or a dribbler. It might also make sense in League Cup games, as Tripp's will no doubt be playing in those, Tripp's can tee him up.

Other than this I don't know what he will bring.

My thoughts are that he is a good player who is past his best and he is only going to get worse and with no sell on value. Chelsea had a £15M bid accepted so if we are paying about the same this seems expensive for what we get.

But it protects Janssen as a younger striker would be ahead of him and Janssen's days would be over. With Llorente Janssen may not play as much for a year but would benefit in training and knows he will get a chance again because Llorente has a short shelf life left.

But I think more than anything this is about Chelsea. There was talk of Chelsea making a bid for Rose and I reckon they tried to get in on Aurier late on in a similar way to what happened with Willian. I think this is us saying fine we can flex our muscles too and interfere with your targets. I'd be happy paying this money just to fuck with Chelsea to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom