Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am clearly in the minority but I don’t think he was a particularly good signing. I think the positive memories of the goal he scored more or less accidentally against City in the CL overshadows the fact that he made little impact with most of his appearances as a Spurs player. I think another option would’ve gotten us more points. Paid 12 million pounds and pretty significant wages and got nothing in the end monetarily (which we knew going in).

I know there will be people who will say well he was worth it because of X or Y moment but we can’t know what somebody else would’ve done in his place.

Seems like a great guy and an excellent teammate. Would’ve loved to have him when he was 28. But the older version of Llorente we got wasn’t good enough IMO.

Bring on the disagrees!

How good can we expect our back-up strikers to be when we give them no game time?

It wouldn't matter if our back up striker is Soldado or Aguero, we're going to dump them on the bench for 90% of the season, expect them to perform miracles and last minute winners and if they don't the fans will slag them off.

Llorente had 20 PL appearances, 683 minutes.
8 of those appearances were for 10 minutes or less.
He didn't start a premier league game until January 20th.
An average of 34 minutes a game, over the course of a year.

How fit/sharp can you expect such a player to be?

Game time in our squad needs to be more evenly distributed, yet isn't (The CL final the epitome of that). Llorente did well with the time and service he was given, I will remember him fondly.

Last edited:
How good can we expect our back-up strikers to be when we give them no game time?

It wouldn't matter if our back up striker is Soldado or Aguero, we're going to dump them on the bench for 90% of the season, expect them to perform miracles and last minute winners and if they don't the fans will slag them off.

Llorente had 20 PL appearances, 683 minutes.
8 of those appearances were for 10 minutes or less.
He didn't start a premier league game until January 20th.
An average of 34 minutes a game, over the course of a year.

How fit/sharp can you expect such a player to be?

Game time in our squad needs to be more evenly distributed, yet isn't (The CL final the epitome of that). Llorente did well with the time and service he was given, I will remember him fondly.
Bang on

Didn't get enough playing time to show what he could do, so most of his appearances were pretty mediocre. However we cannot discount the importance of that goal, which more than paid back his cost.
One less handsome face (not that we're blessed in that department, either - as rare as a decent RB).
Good luck Nando, you (your hip) will be fondly remembered.

Pretty sure we can't get him on loan if we sign Gedson Fernandes on loan.

We can only have two loans - unless of course GLC is signed permanently.

I love Fernando and would like him back. But it would also scream of how badly we planned for the season by not bringing in a replacement for him. Dunno if Poch saw Lucas as that guy or if he just assumed that Harry would not break down.

I think the fact that he typically chose a false 9 over Llorente speaks volumes on that front.

Back
Top Bottom