Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@Sky:

Tottenham may re-sign Fernando Llorente, 34, on a free transfer. The Spaniard is a free agent after his contract expired at the end of June and the north London club are believed to have offered him a new one-year deal.

It’s a shame - feel after his CL contribution in the knock outs last year he’ll be fondly remembered.
Suspect another season will leave us ruing re-signing him.

It’s a shame - feel after his CL contribution in the knock outs last year he’ll be fondly remembered.

I disagree. We don't need a long term replacement, we need a one year solution so there is enough opportunity for Parrott to further develop and make his way up through the ranks. Llorente won't cost a fee, he knows the group and the group knows him and we'd only really see him if injuries hit. It's more for the protection of Parrott short term and long term than what Nando ultimately brings.

Give him another year, it'll be one less thing for Pochettino to worry about with a couple of weeks of the window left. If we get 4-5 starts out of him in all competitions and a few cameo sub appearances when teams are doing well dropping deep I'm OK with that.

If he re-signs then it will be on a much smaller wage and he will have an even smaller role than last season. If Kane hadn't got so many injuries he would have barely been used, he's useful as a hail mary plan B when we are struggling against a parked bus and that's it.

If we can't find an affordable option to be our 4th choice striker then it's fine to keep him around.

We've been pretty decent with Llorente, he has a one year offer from us that will pay him a much reduced salary (still over 2m for one season) it's been made it clear he will be a 'reserve' player ... he is free to negotiate any deal with any other club knowing he has us as a fall back, we didn't need to do that so I think it's a pretty decent stance to have taken ... reward for the unselfish work he's put in ...

We've been pretty decent with Llorente, he has a one year offer from us that will pay him a much reduced salary (still over 2m for one season) it's been made it clear he will be a 'reserve' player ... he is free to negotiate any deal with any other club knowing he has us as a fall back, we didn't need to do that so I think it's a pretty decent stance to have taken ... reward for the unselfish work he's put in ...

In CL he was decisive especially in a Kane’s orphaned team. He plays little but is always ready and above all he is not a disturbing element of the group: exemplary professional.

He was honestly really, really bad in the league last year but had impact in the CL when he played, not necessarily in goals, but presence in the box.

Don't really want him to come back for next year but he's surely better than Janssen/nobody

He was honestly really, really bad in the league last year but had impact in the CL when he played, not necessarily in goals, but presence in the box.

Don't really want him to come back for next year but he's surely better than Janssen/nobody

I’m happy if he hangs around for another year if Poch thinks he’s worth it
He might branch into coaching
Who knows?

If we do sign him i hope we play him a bit more. At his age you cannot expect him to suddenly appear in Feb and hit the ground running after 4 months on the bench

@Sky:

Tottenham may re-sign Fernando Llorente, 34, on a free transfer. The Spaniard is a free agent after his contract expired at the end of June and the north London club are believed to have offered him a new one-year deal.
Yeah, I heard it's on reduced money, but it's probably still a lot more than he would get anywhere else...

It was Blind that got monstered by Llorente, not De Ligt. In the end it got so bad that they put a different CB on and pushed Blind into the middle.

Think he was specifically referencing the 3rd goal where Nando out muscled him and laid it off. Also worth noting that De Ligt was then too slow to get to the ball before Lucas who nicked it off his toe and tucked it away.

It was Blind that got monstered by Llorente, not De Ligt. In the end it got so bad that they put a different CB on and pushed Blind into the middle.
Oh, well, still annoying me, though! Thanks for correcting me...I’ll have to go back to being annoyed about the excuses for Liverpool being beaten where it’s only hot for one team, then...(another BBC article).

Back
Top Bottom