Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s unfair to compare Jansen to llorente. J is young limited experience while the other much older in footballing career plus huge experiences playing for big clubs. Llorente so far failed all tests for Spurs and today’s display was lazy not bothered given up attitude, worst player on the pitch.

Last edited:
Replay is his last chance to play again this season, other than potentially acting as a spoiler to close out European matches. Given Poch didn’t have him in the squad in Turin, it probably is his last chance.

So, I think it's fair to say we gambled on his expiration date and got it wrong pretty badly.

The indigestion sucks, but it's our fault for making this choice in the first place.

I think he had a fairly good game today, if Son was more clinical today then Llorente would of had a couple of assists, yes he missed that chance but he did well to work himself a shooting opportunity and then missed probably because of his lack of game time.
Yesterday was perfect opportunity to work the ball wide and get some decent crosses in for him to attack, but we still tried to play through the middle of the pitch with players who aren't match fit yet and against a Rochdale team running on adrenaline.

Does anyone think he would have scored the goal Steve Davies scored at the end if in a similar position. I don't, his confidence is shot and his first response would have been to look for a pass by which time the opportunity was gone.

I don't think he had a horrendous game or anything, but Fernando doesn't seem to really mesh well with our style of play.

Thoughts on selling and bringing in an academy player as a backup to Kane?:kanehand:

nintchdbpict000276152983.jpg

Lads, I think I've found his replacement.

That would be weird. Where’d you hear that? Just did a quick google and couldn’t find anything.

Would he be eligible to play for us if true?

"When is he coming back? No, he’s not coming back. He’s injured. Maybe you know better than me? But I don’t see him since the summer, I haven’t met him again. I don’t know."

I don't think he had a horrendous game or anything, but Fernando doesn't seem to really mesh well with our style of play.

Thoughts on selling and bringing in an academy player as a backup to Kane?:kanehand:

Is there an academy player that would do a better job than Llorente then? I just think we are in a difficult position to get a backup to him, anyone who comes is going to have to be happy not getting regular game time and top wages. I think he is like Jansen, he did a good job of holding up the ball and laying it off to players around him much like Kane does, but they just can't get the goals to go with it.

I would quiet like to see a youngster who is athletic and has an eye for goal, then just mold them over the years into a decent footballer as well as someone who would suite our style of play more. A Sanchez of the CF role if you will.

Sounds stupid, but I think we play Kane too much (hear me out), he should be going off earlier when games are done and dusted to save himself for the next game. That in turn would give any youngster or backup striker a chance to get themselves some game time, stay match fit, be playing with the other starting players whom they need to work out their role and also keep Kane fresh. When we finish a game 4-0 and he has got his hat trick goal in the 90th minute, I just think I would rather see him have gone off at 3-0 and saved himself for the next game. He rightly wants to play every minute of every game and I understand he wants a hat trick or more goals in any game, but would hate to see him go off injured in a game that has already been put to bed.

Back
Top Bottom