Fanzine Special

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
The Fighting Cock returns for one more outing before starting for the season. Thelonious returns along with ZoC, Mark Butcher and Flav to discuss some of the finer issues discussed in the fanzine we published last season. We cover the role of social media in football today, what’s wrong with the matchday demographic, and the joys of European away.

If you haven’t got your copy yet you can order it from our shop.

The first pod of our third season drops on the 9th August, the day before the friendly at White Hart Lane against Espanyol. 1882 are in block J. Still a few tickets left if you fancy getting involved.

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

The discussion about the age of fans at spurs is I think one of the most important factors surrounding the success of the club an indeed the league in the coming years.

I wonder how much traction we'd get by designating a premier league game where those of us who are 30+ that have season tickets (or can afford to buy tickets regularly) offer them up to fans under the age of 23 for free.

Would be a hell of a gesture.

#nopaedo

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

The point ZoC made about the atmosphere being one of the most important selling points for English football was especially poignant. Those at the top of the game who seemingly are only involved for the money are inevitably doing themselves a disservice by wringing supporters dry and clamping down on standing/chanting. Well said.

@ Lustdoctor on fire as usual!

I think some of the points the posters above make about the ages of fans are spot on so there's not too much point me reiterating.

A different point I wanted to make were the comments about the Matchday Programmes and any other literature coming from the club being effectively propaganda. This is particularly contentious as on one of the other Spurs Podcasts this week (shock horror!) had Daniel Wynne the Spurs announcer on this week being interviewed and he basically couldn't answer anything outside of the 'the party line'.

paxton end. 1975. in a match verses chelsea.
look how young the crowd is... most are in their teens.

14144f5.jpg

(most are probably still there today - bald and grey and in their 50s)

Cheers guys. Really enjoyed that pod, especially the piece on European away games and how people forget/don't realise we had that long, long period without any Europe. You've got to experience the lows to appreciate the highs.

Great to have he podcast back. I think the Pod should film a BT Sport/Sky new season promo advert.
"Game Changer" "Believe in Better" something along those lines.

Cracking pod, really enjoyed it.

What did everyone think of my new style update? Latest idea is to ask for listener questions which I'll answer in my update, so look out for that call on Twitter in the coming weeks.

Back
Top Bottom