Fans Favourites

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Furball man

Supporter
🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
I was just thinking about players who didn’t quite get legendary status , didn’t get recognition you feel they deserved , maybe even had a fair few nightmare games but for some reason will always have a soft spot in your Spurs heart

Players like Benny Lol, super sub Paul Walsh , Dempsey, Foxx , Pav or even Dalmat

Who was yours ?

Last edited:
Alfie Conn.
Our gifted , maverick , desperado , from North of the border but had the swagger of a spaghetti western Mexican bandito .
Pancho Sanchez in a Lillywhite shirt.
Nobody gets near him.

remember Alfie Conn, just never produced enough often enough
how about John Pratt (one of those players who allow us to think "If he can play for Spurs I can")

Terry Naylor or Alfie Conn. Honourable mentions to Frank Saul, John Duncan, Keith Osgood, Ray Evans, Peter Southey, John Pratt, Neil Mcnab, Peter Collins, Phil Beal and Roger Morgan.

Alfie Conn.
Our gifted , maverick , desperado , from North of the border but had the swagger of a spaghetti western Mexican bandito .
Pancho Sanchez in a Lillywhite shirt.
Nobody gets near him.
The ultimate .Games wise he played just over a season for us.
There's sometimes a difference between Legends and terrace legends.
Like Alfie, Terry Naylor was a terrace legend,Glenn Hoddle was both, ,Teddy Sheringham could be considered the former for the goals he scored, but to me is not and never will be the latter.
Wibble

I know what i mean

Steed Malbranque, Niko Krancjar and Michael Dawson for me.

Generally that generation of players, very few of them were what I would consider an actual "legend", but they helped move our club to where it is now and built the platform for this generation of players to push on and start challenging for titles.

Many of the guys mentioned already + Samways... Walsh.... Thorsthedt... P.Allen...

Most of the 80s guys are legends to me.

Recent times...

Dawson, Sandro, Steeeeeed, Parker, Charly, Mason, Crouchy, VDV

Although i loved them at the time Berba, Keano & Teddy just feel like good players rather than anything else.

Many of the guys mentioned already + Samways... Walsh.... Thorsthedt... P.Allen...

Most of the 80s guys are legends to me.

Recent times...

Dawson, Sandro, Steeeeeed, Parker, Charly, Mason, Crouchy, VDV

Although i loved them at the time Berba, Keano & Teddy just feel like good players rather than anything else.
Who's Charly? I must be being thick

Back
Top Bottom