Falque signs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just read this as well. Strange one this, never did understand why we got him on a six month loan only for him to play a couple of bit parts in the Europa league.

Guess we wanted to see how it panned out with a view to a full deal after the six months.

We'll have to ask Windy whether he looks like he's got the potential...?

A good club for him to go on loan to. Obviously at the moment we all want to hear about ready made senior signings to help us sustain a title challenge, but it's good to know the club is putting more effort into a group of youngsters with real potential now.

I've liked the look of him in his little cameos this season. Only thing that's slightly concerning is that he's not actually that young anymore. He's actually older than Balotelli for example.

Still, maybe a late bloomer!

We've talked about this a bit in the transfer window thread.

My take on it is that he is obviously getting on and has failed to live up to hype at a few clubs. We obviously have taken a look and think he may have something to offer, so have done this the safest way, getting him on loan with an option to buy.

Obviously he has some game time under his belt and he has looked quite lively. However, now we are out of League Cup and Europa League he isn't going to get any decent game time. So, we've taken a punt and purchased him, then sent him out on loan to get 6 months experience at a good Championship side.

When he comes back he'll have full pre-season training with the rest of the team.

I would suggest that he is a replacement for Dos Santos and possibly Pienaar and/or Kranjcar. He wont be on a lot of money and he offers us good cover on the right or in the centre.

He's a squad player, i would think, and it makes financial sense

Poi said:
Wasn't there an ITK saying we didn't like the look of him and weren't interested? Meh...

All ITK's are just a bunch of n'ts...!!

I didn't mean cunts... (though I realise that does look like what I meant... I didn't ...I just meant that the difference betwen ITK and mere speculation, is occasional use of the n't... did like the look of him... didn't like the look of him...
were interested... weren't interested...

It's fine lines and margins in this game isn't it?!

Having said that, I THINK FALQUE COULD BE THE ONE! C'mon and rock me Amadeus!!

This has got to be a blow to Townsends chances of making the first team. Which is a shame because he was our most exciting performer in the EL this year.

Will be interesting to see which of our championship loanee flourish the most.

FALQUE PUNCH!!!!

falcon_knuckle2.jpg

paulhasissues said:
This has got to be a blow to Townsends chances of making the first team. Which is a shame because he was our most exciting performer in the EL this year.

Not necessarily, he's just signed a new contract so the club obviously rate him. Room for both, if they prove themselves, meaning we can move on the deadwood, without having to worry about replacing them

paulhasissues said:

if Townsend is good enough he'll make it, more competition can only be a good thing

Paydro said:
paulhasissues said:

if Townsend is good enough he'll make it, more competition can only be a good thing

Exactly. I saw the Woolwich - Leeds game where Henry made his return and to be honest he didn't look that great - too much running into nowhere and no final ball - to be fair though no one on the leeds team could hit a pass longer than 30 yards and he was often standing in the right position on the wing for a Modric/VDVesque pass.

I'm always a bit cynical about signings like this.

We've done it the past... signed a "maybe they'll come good" player, just for them to rotate between 6 month loans and rotting on the reserves for a couple of years before their contract runs out.

What chance have they got of getting a game when Krancjar, Bentley and Jenas can't?

If we're every gonna develop any potential they may have, they'll need a run in the first team, but Harry will never take that risk. So what's the point?

Same goes with Ceballos, Coulibaly....Dos Santos & Bostock to an extent.

This is my first post BTW, been lurking for a while, and i thought id pop my cherry with a whinge ; )

Back
Top Bottom