Fabio Paratici Marks out of 10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

marks out of 10

Votes: 1 1.8%

Votes: 7 12.5%

Votes: 29 51.8%

Votes: 12 21.4%

Votes: 2 3.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He has been at the club since 2021 and, as per Ally Gold, he is still working with the club in an 'advisory capacity'. What mark out of 10 would you give our (acting) D.O.F?

His track record:

Total spend June 2021 ~ August 2023: £400.13m

Bryan Gil - £21.6m
Emerson Royal - £25.73m
Rodrigo Bentancur - £21.5m
Pape Matar Sarr - £14.6m + add-ons
Dejan Kulusevski - £25m
Pierluigi Gollini - Loan
Cristian Romero - £42.5m
Richarlison - £50m + add-ons
Yves Bissouma - £25m + add-ons
Destiny Udogie - £15m + add-ons
Djed Spence - £12.5m + add-ons
Pedro Porro - £40m
Arnaut Danjuma - Loan
Ivan Perisic - Free
Fraser Forster - Free
Clément Lenglet - Loan
James Maddison - £40m
Micky van de Ven - £34.5m + add-ons
Guglielmo Vicario - £17.2m + add-ons
Alejo Véliz - £13m
Ashley Phillips £2m
Manor Solomon - Free
The player recruitment has been excellent and I would actually like him to carry on in his consultancy role. I don't see any point in getting a new DoF who may not be as good. We have staff to oversee the business side of things and make sure nothing dodgy goes on and Paratici no longer has any executive power so I don't see a problem.

8/10

the don godfather GIF

Assuming he is the architect of this year’s window:

He’s been good with incomings. He’s unearthed some decent talent at relatively modest prices — mostly from leagues familiar to him. He’s also wasted £50m on Richarlison and is yet to bring in anything close to a Modric or Bale level of player.

As he was at Juventus, he’s been terrible at moving players along. I know that the players have the upper hand here but it’s part of the business on which he still should be judged.

I would give him an ‘incomplete’ on his managerial appointments. We know that the Nuno debacle is on him. However, I’m not blaming the fan appeasement appointment of Wiggy on him. I’m getting positive BMJ vibes from Ange so maybe we’re on track there too but we wasted three plus years trying to get this right. With the right project manager appointment on Day One, we would be further along and, who knows, might still be cheering Kane in an Tottenham shirt.

Looking at his career as a whole, he clearly has an eye for a player.

Not necessarily a trustworthy CEO of the whole operation of a football club in a number of ways, but his scouting ability is a great value.

3rd youngest (average) starting eleven (24.6 years old) in the PL the first 2 matchweeks this season.
6hvBg9k.png

6th youngest (average) squad (25.4 years old) in the PL this season.
5eGnx6M.png

Last season, we were the 6th oldest (average) squad (25.4 years old) in the PL, with the 3rd oldest (average) starting eleven (27.5 years old).

Lloris and Dier leaving would lower our average even more.

Significant improvement.

Everybody knows there is no mafia.
Spent a summer during my university years at a US friend’s place on Long Island in the (mostly old monied ) town that was used as the model for East Egg.

Got picked up one night to drive into the City to go clubbing by her friend who lived in ‘West Egg’. I cracked a Mafia joke during the ride and my friend kicked me hard under the seat.

It turned out that our driver’s father was an Italian-American who ran a vending machine company. He had sent his family out to dinner one night and when they returned home they found him neatly trussed up with a bullet behind his ear. It rather traumatized the children but the family were well provided for and the floral tributes were quite magnificent, I’m told.

I’ll give him a 7 for performance (prob an 8 for recruitment but much lower grade for outgoings) and a 1 for availability for, ya know, getting fucking banned from football and having to resign, being unable to speak to other clubs and negotiate with them, and being forced into a backroom role.

So split the difference I’ll go a 3.

Solid 8 to 8.5 for recruitment for me. If he's also being judged on managerial appointments, that would obviously drop somewhat, but as no one can agree on whether it's him or Levy responsible for that, then I'm leaving it out.

So an 8 in the vote, but I'd go to 8.5 personally.

I don't give a shit about his past shenanigans with Juve, it's what he's doing with us that matters.

Back
Top Bottom