FA Cup vs Wimbledon - Wembley - 07/01.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only issue is you’ll still get the odd noisy bellend ST holder who’ll be giving a ton of stick to Alli or Eriksen for misplacing passes or not scoring. Still plenty of these about in the regulars section. When I take the kids I want them cheering on their heroes and not being sucked into the odd fans negativity. We need to be encouraging kids to go to marches, they are the future fan base after all. Whilst it’s weird there was more kids than usual yesterday it is important to get them coming back for more.

That's what I meant by subtlety trying to change the crowd - you can still be positive (most people will join in as they want to be as well), but if you just tell the "noisy bellend ST holder" to shut up you will get shouted down every time.

So many kids there; great to try and get the next generation of Spurs fans on board. But if I remember when I went to Spurs as kid, what I loved was the swearing, the singing, the shouting, the mild threat of violence. None of that is on offer to kids who come to these early cup games because they come to a game where the atmosphere is non-existent. I wouldn't be surprised if it put them off football for life! They looked well bored.

So many kids there; great to try and get the next generation of Spurs fans on board. But if I remember when I went to Spurs as kid, what I loved was the swearing, the singing, the shouting, the mild threat of violence. None of that is on offer to kids who come to these early cup games because they come to a game where the atmosphere is non-existent. I wouldn't be surprised if it put them off football for life! They looked well bored.

Kids tickets should be a fiver for every non-Cat A game this season - get another 5 or 10k per game in the ground

Foyth looks very comfortable on the ball, a couple of lapses in concentration but all in all a good game. He could do with bulking a bit as he's not fantastic in aerial duels.

KWP had a very good game I thought. He battles hard and likes the get down the flank. He had some bite in his challenges which I liked and when he makes a mistake he works hard to fix it. He cut in and back too much so it's clear to me he's more suited to the right, but one of those situations led to the second goal.
Agree on KWP.

Don't want to be negative but I think that Foyth is far from ready. He is indeed comfortable on the ball. But he got done by their striker a couple of times, which both times could have led to a goal. Was similar against Barnsley. I feel that if you are struggling in these games you aren't ready for the Prem/Europe. I would imagine Poch would play Davies or Wanyama at centre back for an important game, rather than Foyth, if injuries forced it.

Only issue is you’ll still get the odd noisy bellend ST holder who’ll be giving a ton of stick to Alli or Eriksen for misplacing passes or not scoring. Still plenty of these about in the regulars section. When I take the kids I want them cheering on their heroes and not being sucked into the odd fans negativity. We need to be encouraging kids to go to marches, they are the future fan base after all. Whilst it’s weird there was more kids than usual yesterday it is important to get them coming back for more.

I have never understood the negativity and criticism that emanates from a certain subsection of our support. Perhaps in the new ground we could put 'em all behind glass so we don't have to listen to their moaning. I take my kid to games all the time and loves Tottenham as much, if not more than I do. He loves the atmosphere, joins in all the chants and generally has a great time. Mind you, he is 27.

Agree on KWP.

Don't want to be negative but I think that Foyth is far from ready. He is indeed comfortable on the ball. But he got done by their striker a couple of times, which both times could have led to a goal. Was similar against Barnsley. I feel that if you are struggling in these games you aren't ready for the Prem/Europe. I would imagine Poch would play Davies or Wanyama at centre back for an important game, rather than Foyth, if injuries forced it.

Yes I agree.

Like I said I think all in all he did well but he was against League 1 opponents and he did have lapses.

I dont think he is physically ready yet either. A loan next season would be a good idea.

Sissoko looked good on the motd highlights.
Agree with that and although only watched MOD and the Periscope match where I could not distinguish individual players. Not sure if he played a more advanced role with Dembele and Wanyama in the side or he just was more positive. Those that went, Was he more positive during the bits MOD did not show???

Agree with that and although only watched MOD and the Periscope match where I could not distinguish individual players. Not sure if he played a more advanced role with Dembele and Wanyama in the side or he just was more positive. Those that went, Was he more positive during the bits MOD did not show???

He was 'ok'. I always think he looks best when he runs at the opposition with the ball. Big unit with decent speed. Still not a top 6 player though.

First post(go easy on me) - I had to move from my usual block on Sunday which is mainly sitting into block 132 where I knew it would be standing - I went with the flow and enjoyed being in a different section with different atmosphere and fans, so I agree - we're all fans of Spurs but you should do your research before selecting a block in my opinion and go with the flow. My only complaint has always been in all sections - those fans who seem to have no interest in watching the game and talk all kinds of crap all through the match - I don't get that and it gets on my nerves.

Also something about the smell of football in the old days: fags, alcohol, terrible hotdog stands... it all added to the feeling that you were somewhere a bit naughty with a bit of an edge. I still remember how shocked I was hearing my Dad join in an anti Woolwich song with swear words. He was supposed to be a respectable doctor.

:wansum:

Back
Top Bottom