FA Cup - Middlesbrough (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazza
Dav - Foyth - Tanganga
Aurier - Winks - Lo Celso - Sess
Lamela - Son - Lucas
2-0

Skipp has to start. Dier and Winks have both looked incredibly average, Skipp deserves a start. If he doesn't get one then the club should let him leave.

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Tanganga - Sanchez - Sessegnon
Lo Celso - Skipp - Winks
Lamela - Parrott - Son
3-0

Lamela
Son x2

No Rose but if Eriksen can be played in a free role then against M'bore probably OK - if he's still with us

Gazzaniga
Lo Celso - Skipp - Winks
Eriksen
Lucas - Son

Lamela will break if played twice in four days ... maybe Parrott if Son or Lucas need a rest. Between the 23 Jan and the 16th February we have only the Man City home game ... so they will all get a break then.

I’d like to see a strong line-up throughout this competition as we’ve got no chance of doing anything useful in the league.

Gazza
Toby, Tanganga, DavSan
Sess, Aurier
LoC, Lamela, Skipp
Dele, Son

Lucas surely needs a rest after his efforts against the victims. Be nice to give Parrott a decent run out too.

COYS.

We need to beat Middlesborough. Stating the obvious but a first win without Kane is crucial.

Then get ourselves ready for what will be 2 pivotal games which will reveal whether we struggle (I mean that) or threaten the teams from 4th to 6th.

Right now Mourinho will try and attack the theoretically weak and constrain and frustrate the strong.

Without a proper or effective front man we will be and pardon the pun somewhat hamstrung

Without a leader on the pitch we are also lacking personality.

This is a must win match. It will be devastating after recent results to lose at home to a Championship side. We therefore have to put out a strong experienced team. Team selection will prove that it is the Manager and not Levy that picks the team and that past cup failures were because Poch did not prioritise them and not because Levy did not prioritise them. I expect no more than 2/3 changes from yesterday but not sure which ones although Rose is 1 obvious one. Perhaps rest Toby by bringing Jan back in but we need 1 of the 2 experienced cb's to play. Parrot on the bench and to come on towards the end. Whether Lo Celso or Lamela start depends on fitness and whether saved for Saturday.

No Rose but if Eriksen can be played in a free role then against M'bore probably OK - if he's still with us

Gazzaniga
Lo Celso - Skipp - Winks
Eriksen
Lucas - Son

Lamela will break if played twice in four days ... maybe Parrott if Son or Lucas need a rest. Between the 23 Jan and the 16th February we have only the Man City home game ... so they will all get a break then.

You wanna see Eriksen in a free role? I don’t even want to see him with a bacon roll - I am sick of the sight of him

Back
Top Bottom