Fa Cup fifth round- rochdale afc v tottenham hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi Guido, not taking sides here, but found this (don't know if it's still valid)
https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_14_the_penalty_kick_en_47369.pdf
On page 7 it says
"Feinting to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted as part of football.
However, if in the opinion of the referee, the feinting is considered an act of unsporting behavior the player shall be cautioned."
Law 14 - The Penalty Kick
Cheers mate. On the FA's page it's more detailed and expressly makes reference the act of a feint in the run-up is acceptable: "feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted)".

If they were all doctors, then it doesn't count as a complaint.

Thats a lot of stitches, what happened? (out of morbid curiousity)
Dont really remember much about it after i was asked at half time "what time is it mate"I was in the loo at the time .Fighting in the first half was constant but ended up in hospital with plenty of cuts and bruises and made my way home the next day on the train.My mum and dad were not best pleased at the time but that was football in the day.All facial and back of the head cuts those stitches ,it was part of away fan culture at that time ,i just happen to cop for it .

Tbf the rochdale forum is a bit shit. Maybe he just wants a different perspective on things? I get what you're saying though but honestly, as long as that person respects the other users I have no issue with it. Calling people cunts for a minute reason isn't doing that, however it happens on here enough without opposition fans and I'd like to think that most of us are classy enough to call someone out on it without being a total dick themselves. Sometimes I feel like this site (and a lot of others really) is full of kids with the way the users interact with each other. It's just an internet forum ffs, not face to face.

I'd like to think that steve has learned his lesson and that if he wishes to remain on here, does so whilst respecting the other users (most of which are spurs fans). I'd also like to think that we could all respect him if he does so. People take a lot of small issues a bit too seriously on here imo.

Personally, I'm just happy with the win after THAT first half. Team played really well as a whole in the second 45.
The Rochdale forum is a bit less how can i say it quieter and less aggressive as it once was ,i always want a different perspective on football games than my own or my own fans .I did find the Cu-t message and i apologise for it,it was said in a jokey jimmy carr way but nontherless i said it.I will leave it at that and wish you all the best.

But it would still stop the game, if after a goal scored we get what we had last night.

Now if I were a manager I would use my review if we concede from a free-kick or corner, why? Because I will guarantee you if you look you will spot a shirt being pulled a player being blocked off.
I agree it can be abused, but if a challenge system is in place you'd then forfeit the right to question a potentially more controversial decision. Personally I'd be saving it up to query any late goal, which would ruin any last minute goal celebrations....

It shouldn't be a thing anyway, they literally say on one hand they can't dish out retrospective punishments because the refs decision on the pitch is final, but then start chatting in his ear straight after any goal.... Strange.

Actually, what I do is ridicule his posts that I believe to be foolish, inaccurate or embarrassing. I only ever respond personally to his continued abusive remarks about my intellectual capacity, insults about my age and mental health, his obsession with medical requirements and his incessant obsession with the idea that I have somehow learned nothing about changes in the sport that I have spent over 50 years watching.
I now appear to have upset people over my defence of myself, as I am now under warning for a ban.
I have put him on ignore and will leave him be from now on. It's not worth the grief.

Ok sorry if I aggravated the situation

Law 14 - The Penalty Kick
Cheers mate. On the FA's page it's more detailed and expressly makes reference the act of a feint in the run-up is acceptable: "feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted)".

I used to play amateur football at a decent level 30-40 yrs ago and took penalties

The thought of hesitation during the run up or feinting never crossed my mind

I used to take a long run up and whack the fucker high to the keeper’s right corner

Never missed many

#blatant

A few yes

Still remember once I slipped on my arse in the process of striking it and the ball never reached the goal

Didn’t get much stick afterwards.....

:bmj:

I was a reserve keeper (although more regularly a RB) as a kid... Faced a fair few penos over the years and the notion that a keeper isnt expected to save 'em hadn't quite filtered through to the lads...

Team mates can be such forgiving creatures, eh?

:llorishuh:

I think Paul Tierney did quite well considering how seriously the FA are taking VAR.

8QYq25b.jpg

Just seen jordan Ayew’s penalty against West Ham. Whilst I love seeing the misery heaped on them, can someone explain why it wasn’t an indirect free kick to them & why Ayew didn’t get booked?

Back
Top Bottom