FA Cup 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The draw is tomorrow at 1pm, live on ITV. The games are scheduled for the weekend of Saturday, January 6.
We could do with a nice easy home fixture, what with the injuries situation.

What happens if we are in the QF and the top 4 race? Big game in both and players need a rest?

Me personally I’d go FA Cup first
45262-B99-B135-44-D0-9335-1-C9-D72-D58-A58.gif

What happens if we are in the QF and the top 4 race? Big game in both and players need a rest?

Me personally I’d go FA Cup first

At this point we can't realistically field a team in the league let alone worry about the cup 🤣

You win like £1.5m for winning the FA Cup. Getting Champion's League and a subsequent decent run is worth £50m odd. That's why there's a focus that way, even if a bit of silverware is the prestige and whipping tool.

At this point we can't realistically field a team in the league let alone worry about the cup 🤣

You win like £1.5m for winning the FA Cup. Getting Champion's League and a subsequent decent run is worth £50m odd. That's why there's a focus that way, even if a bit of silverware is the prestige and whipping tool.
I won’t see that 50m. I’ll remember the cup run for the rest of my life

Levy will want the money but as fans it should be the glory. Lost count of number of times we have qualified for CL but we have not won the FA Cup since 1991.

Players don’t sign on one year contracts. We missed Top 4 k last season and had our best transfer window in ages.

We also lost our best player because we both aren't challenging and aren't in the champions league.

I said I didn't disagree, but realistically football is a business first. Hopefully with the new direction and better approach we will see different fruit grow.

We also lost our best player because we both aren't challenging and aren't in the champions league.

I said I didn't disagree, but realistically football is a business first. Hopefully with the new direction and better approach we will see different fruit grow.

We’d have lost Kane if we’d have got Top 4.

Winning a Trophy was maybe the only thing that might have persuaded him to stay

Knowing our injury list, just give us the lowest ranked team in the competition at home please.

The likes of Maddison, van de Ven, Bentancur will all be out for this one from starters. Sarr, Bissouma and Son will all be heading to their international tournaments following it.

We lost our best player because we had to go backwards to go forwards and that's been the case for every stage of our development under ENIC. We got into the CL without Berbatov, we became CL regulars without Bale and we'll win trophies without Kane.

I'm quietly hopeful for the FA Cup. If we're fortunate with the early round draws and get some of our players back in the new year, we might be a surprise package. The one positive about the injury crisis is that it's giving some of our fringe players a run in the first team and if we've got back-up players who have been given time to play we'll have a much stronger squad in the longrun.

Back
Top Bottom