FA CUP 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know why I've just done this to myself...I thought it'd be a good idea to watch the highlights of all our recent cup matches at Wembley, going back to United in 2009, Portsmouth in 2010, Chelsea 2015, 2017 etc

My logic being, after watching those games I'd feel as if Spurs are owed one from the footballing gods to finally get something out of a big game there - but I just feel worse...

:pochrolleyes:

we're owed a lot from the footballing gods, doesn't mean we're going to get any help from the bastards :roseunsure:

Portsmouth in 2010...

giphy.gif

I don't know why I've just done this to myself...I thought it'd be a good idea to watch the highlights of all our recent cup matches at Wembley, going back to United in 2009, Portsmouth in 2010, Chelsea 2015, 2017 etc

My logic being, after watching those games I'd feel as if Spurs are owed one from the footballing gods to finally get something out of a big game there - but I just feel worse...

Blimey you watched 2015 again, id rather lose my thumb

The only highlight from Portsmouth was Gareth Bale. The fact he was still running up and down the pitch 120 minutes into game from left back was just amazing.

Phew..I thought i was losing it then.
I remember we had the big new stand at Leeds and had a 1000 more than Everton there.
But it didn't feel like it with them having 3 parts of the ground.
Co-incidentally, we were talking about this on the way to Swansea on Saturday - ranks up there as one of the worst days following Spurs, we just didn't perform. And if we had won, Klinsmann, Sheringham and Barmby may have stayed on, IMO.

You did watch the Juve game a few weeks ago.............

Funnily enough nights like that are what this team will need to push them over that edge in games like this. Experience of losing is often a big step onto becoming winners and having that knowledge in your head. This team have learnt a lot in 12-18 months - look at our CL campaign last season.

And United won't view this as an easy game - players, fans or management. For a big winner takes all game it is probably the first time we can say that in a very long time.

I bet Ferguson looks at the way the two teams play and admires us more than them. Say what you want about him - he had them playing some fantastic football. Not this defensive showcase they roll into town with now.

Co-incidentally, we were talking about this on the way to Swansea on Saturday - ranks up there as one of the worst days following Spurs, we just didn't perform. And if we had won, Klinsmann, Sheringham and Barmby may have stayed on, IMO.
That was the year we got kicked out of the tournament and Sugar got us back in it,i think.
Everyone thought our name was on the cup..Including the players.They were awful.
Even Joe Royle commented after the game about spoiling the party.
A classic example of a great day ruined by the football.
I went up on a coach with a load of mates and a mob from Bethnal green.Got to some big old barn of a pub that some bod had sorted out.It was great.Sunday roasts in giant Yorkshire puddings..
It was the perfect day....Then we went to the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom