F.C Internazionale Milano -v- Tottenham Hotspur - 14/03/13 - Europa League Last 16 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB screwed the pooch with his line-up and tactics but the overarching problem is Friedel. Not that he is a bad keeper just the fact that style wise he is far too different than Lloris. This confuses the defensive four in front of him and makes it harder to organize in the back. We shouldn't ever play a highline when Friedel is in there and should look to find a back up that can play a sweeper keeper role.

Funniest thing I read today: "Thats the worst I've ever seen Tottenham play."

I've only been watching this team since 2004 for fucks sake and I can't even count how many times I've seen us play worse, granted most of those came pre-2010. Who are these people?

Thought this team was spot-on for Liverpool, of course w/ Bale involved, but that midfield three was ludicrous to play away in Europe. AVB is still young and still working with a squad mostly inherited, lets hope he learns from this.

Fulham on Sunday might be harder than it would've been but I still expect 3 points. COYS.

Post-match, AVB acknowledged that his selection was a risk. I think he thought the three goal cushion was enough to take the gamble to go for the Inter-demoralizing away goal.

Anyway, with this little experiment behind us, let's not repeat please.

All this talk about Brad playing the whole competition is guff too, didn't Lloris play most of the group games?
Competition is getting serious now and it's time to play our strongest keeper.

hearing Gallas getting an absolute slating too, sure he wasn't great, but he wasn't individually awful. Did no one see his superb last ditch tackle late on in the second half? or all the interceptions and clearances he made?

from premier league owl said:
– William Gallas led the game with 17 defensive clearances.

The horror show we saw last night wasn't down to individual errors like on Sunday, so it's not as easy for people to reconcile the defeat and as such people's knee's are hitting desks all over the world as they look for someone to blame and pounce on the tried and tested method of having a go at the Ex Woolwich players, or Livermore, or Walker. I'm not saying any of these people had a great game, but they were none of them individually crap or responsible.
It was obvious to me the whole team went out there with the wrong attitude, it felt at times like Inter hardly had to try. Compared to last week when we made them work for every single fucking ball. It reminded me a lot of the Leeds game where we just looked so meak at times.

Now we're into the 'business end' of the season, no doubt Mental Strengsss (Wenger's favourite phrase) and psychological one-upmanship comes into play!

For that reason alone let me run a very hypothetical scenario by you all....
Go with me on this:

Imagine, if you will, that the two Inter games were played the other way around... and after a heavy 4-1 1st leg defeat in the San Siro(!) we miraculously pulled it round to complete a stirring comeback against ALL THE ODDS by smashing them 3-0 at The Lane last night..
Heros to a man, every one of them!!!!

There you go, that feels better already!

the moose was great again yesterday except for the 2 nd Inter goal but sometimes i get the impression he should try to attack more , he dribbles one guy but i often have the feeling he could take em all on and create more goalscoring opportunities.

the moose was great again yesterday except for the 2 nd Inter goal but sometimes i get the impression he should try to attack more , he dribbles one guy but i often have the feeling he could take em all on and create more goalscoring opportunities.

He needs to shoot more, but then so do a few other players, Parker for instance scored some cracking goals in his time, but he doesn't seem to want to shoot in a white shirt.

Back
Top Bottom