F.A. Cup: Fulham F.C. v. Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only an utter Spurs optimist without a football brain predicts anything other than the mightiest of strugglea for us in this game.

After our last two performances this has #whothefcuknows.com written all over it.

We badly need a positive result.

A hashtag, and a dot.com.....it must be bad! :levyeyes:

Only an utter Spurs optimist without a football brain predicts anything other than the mightiest of strugglea for us in this game.

After our last two performances this has #whothefcuknows.com written all over it.

We badly need a positive result.
who the fuck knows, but, you're an idiot to predict anything but mightiest of struggles?

200.webp

Fulham are probably not going to make the play offs. Even with 2 games in hand. Fulham will probably field their strongest side and go for this..
We want to finish top 4, some want us to win the FA cup and go for the EL. We haven't got the players. That's the general consensus on here. Do we play a strong side and play the same players on Thursday night and then again on Sunday?
Sessegnon is a player we should be looking at for a future LB. I have heard we are amongst others.

Fulham have a great youth set up. The geezer that used to do Southampton academy is there.
Their under 18's done ours recently and have won a few trophies of late haven't they?
This is a very hard game.
If we start the same Wycombe line up we will be in trouble. Who do you pick.
It's a very fine balance as 3 days later we have Gent, a game we have to win, and then Stoke another 2 games in 7 days.
Man City, for example, play today, their first game since Monday, again Tuesday first leg of CL but not again until 12 days later in the PL.

Well, spoke too soon.

They'll be playing Huddersfield again on the 28th, now.

WARNING look at today's results Burnley & Leicester out and MC only drew. I am getting nervous now. Need a strong team or we will not win
Remember Port Vale, Leeds, I remember when we couldn't do Altrincham or Wrexham at home. Both took us to replays and we beat Wrexham 3-2, after ET if I recall.
I think Jones scored 3, or 2.

Two ways of looking at it...
there have been some stunning shocks today... they can't go on forever...
orrrrrr... they've set the trend, and every game (except fucking Sutton 'glad-just-to-be-here-Utd of course) will end up in a shock!

Making some massive assumptions here but wth:
Is Trippier better than their right back?
Is Davies better than their left back?
Is Wimmer better than their centre halve?
Is Winks better than their central midfield?
Is GKN better than their winger?
Is Janssen better than their striker?

The answer on paper is likely to be a resounding yes to all (Vinnie jokes aside). Now I know the games not played on paper and that's part of the beauty of it, but point I'm making is that our line up shouldn't be the excuse if we don't progress here.

It's clear that we're going to rotate but whichever players put on those shirts need to show some fight and passion and will to win this game and get us into that hat for the quarters.

P.s where's everyone drinking before the game?

More then for the fans, the players owe themselves a good performance and result to get our tails up ahead of an important week.

Making some massive assumptions here but wth:
Is Trippier better than their right back?
Is Davies better than their left back?
Is Wimmer better than their centre halve?
Is Winks better than their central midfield?
Is GKN better than their winger?
Is Janssen better than their striker?

The answer on paper is likely to be a resounding yes to all (Vinnie jokes aside). Now I know the games not played on paper and that's part of the beauty of it, but point I'm making is that our line up shouldn't be the excuse if we don't progress here.

Same could have been said for Thursday. If the first 11 can't be bothered then play the others on Sunday, if I was one of those fringe players, I'd want to give the manager something to think about.

Todays' results should at least give our players the wake up call needed as to what can happen if you're not fully 'on it'... or don't take it seriously!

Let's put out a decent team, we've got to take the FA-cup seriously.

Lloris
Trippier-Alderweireld-Wimmer-Davies
Winks-Dembele
Son-Eriksen-N'Koudou
Janssen
Definitely, so I think Dele and Kane have to start.
With Lincoln, Millwall and Boro definitely in the last 8, if we win tomorrow we have a roughly 50:50 chance of a quarter final draw that gives us a fairly easy pathway to the last four.

Back
Top Bottom